- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Wave Loads Acting on Stationary Floating Body Using Viscous Numerical Wave Tank Technique
점성 수치파랑수조 기술을 이용한 고정된 부유체의 파랑하중 산정
Kim, Kyung-Mi;Heo, Jae-Kyung;Jeong, Se-Min;Park, Jong-Chun;Kim, Wu-Joan;Cho, Yong-Jin
- Received : 2013.01.22
- Accepted : 2013.06.10
- Published : 2013.06.30
In the present study, a flow analysis for estimating the wave loads acting on a stationary floating body inside a viscous numerical wave tank was performed using the commercial software FLUENT. The governing equations for the viscous and incompressible fluid motion were the continuity and Navier-Stokes equations, and a piston-type wavemaker was employed to reproduce wave environments. First, the optimal simulation conditions were derived through numerical tests for the wavemaker and wave absorber, and then the wave loads and wave run-up on a vertical truncated cylinder were estimated and compared with the experimental and other numerical results.
Wave loads;Wave run-up;Stationary floating body;Viscous numerical wave tank;Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Beck, R.F., 1994. Time-domain Computations for Floating Bodies. Applied Ocean Research, 16, 267-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-1187(94)90016-7
- Celebi, M.S., Kim, M.H., Beck, R.F. 1998. Fully Nonlinear 3D Numerical Wave Tank Simulation. J Ship Res, 42, 33-45.
- Dommermuth, D.G., Yue., D.K.P., 1987. Numerical Simulations of Nonlinear Axisymmetric Flows with a Free Surface. J Fluid Mech, 178, 195-219. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112087001186
- Hirt, C.W., Nichols, B.D., 1981. Volume of Fluid (VOF) Method for the Dynamic of Free Boundaries. Journal of Computational Physics, 39, 201-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(81)90145-5
- Issacson, M., Cheung. K.F., 1992. Time-domain Second-order Wave Diffraction in Three Dimension. Jounal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, ASCE, 118(5), 496-516. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(1992)118:5(496)
- Liu, Z., Hyun, B.S., Jin, J.Y. 2008. Numerical Prediction for Overtopping Performance of OWEC. Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environment and Energy, 11(1), 35-41.
- Longuet-Higgins, M.S. 1950. A Theory of the Origin of Microseisms. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, 243(857), 1-35. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsta.1950.0012
- Mercier, R.C., Niedzwecki, J.M. 1994. Experimental Measurement of Second-order Diffraction by a Truncated Vertical Cylinder in Monochromatic Waves. Proc. 7th Int Conf Behavior of Offshore Structure, 2, 265-287.
- Morison, J.R., O'Brien, M.P., Johnson, J.W., Shaff, S.A., 1950. The Forces Exerted by Surface Waves on Piles. Petroleum Transactions, AIME, 189, 149-154.
- Park, J.C., Zhu, M., Miyata, H., 1993. On the Accuracy of Numerical Wave Making Techniques. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Japan, 173, 35-44.
- Park, J.C., Kim, M.H., Miyata, H., 1999. Fully Non-linear Freesurface Simulation by a 3d Viscous Numerical Wave Tank. International Journal for Numerical Method in Fluid, 29, 685-703. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0363(19990330)29:6<685::AID-FLD807>3.0.CO;2-D
- Park, J.C., Kim, M.H., Miyata, H., 2001. Three-dimensional Numerical Wave Tank Simulation on Fully Nonlinear Wave-current-body Interactions. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 6, 70-82. https://doi.org/10.1007/s773-001-8377-2
- Park, J.C., Kim, M.H., Miyata, H. Chun, H.H., 2003. Fully Nonlinear Numerical Wave Tank (NWT) Simulations and Wave Run Up Prediction Around 3-D Structures. Ocean Engineering, 30, 1969-1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-8018(03)00041-6
- Park, J.C., Uno, Y., Sato, T., Miyata, H., Chun, H.H., 2004. Numerical Reproduction of Fully Nonlinear Multi-directional Waves by a Viscous 3D Numerical Wave Tank. Ocean Engineering, 31, 1549-1565. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2003.12.009
- Shore Protection Manual. 1984. Coastal Engineering Research Center, Dept. of the Army, USA.
- Sung, H.G., Kim, Y.S., Nam, B.W., Hong, S.Y., 2007. Experimental Investigation of Wave Loads on a Truncated Vertical Circle Cylinder. Fall Meeting of The Korean Society of Ocean Engineers.
- Wu, G.X., 1994. Finite-element Analysis of Two-dimensional Nonlinear Transient Water Waves. Applied Ocean Research, 16, 363-372. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-1187(94)00029-8
Grant : 천해용 해상풍력 Substructure 시스템 개발
Supported by : 에너지기술평가원