- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
FTA of Leakage Path in Subsea X-mas Tree System
해저 유정 제어 시스템에서의 누수 경로 FTA 분석
- Received : 2012.11.29
- Accepted : 2013.06.14
- Published : 2013.06.30
The growing need for energy (oil and gas) has led to offshore resource development. As a reflection of this trend, there have been many advances in the technologies used for the subsea production systems that make offshore resource development possible. As the technologies for subsea production systems continue to grow, a subsea X-mas tree, the core equipment in a subsea production system, is required to have more functions than before. Generally, these complex functions lead to a change in its configuration. Therefore, this paper investigates a change in a subsea X-mas tree system to enhance system understanding, and conducts a leakage path analysis of a subsea X-mas tree system. Utilizing the recent configuration of the subsea X-mas tree, an identification of the leakage path and a quantitative risk analysis for the leakage using an FTA (fault tree analysis) are conducted.
Subsea production system;Subsea X-mas tree system;Well;Leakage;FTA(Fault tree analysis)
- Banks, J., Carson, II, J.S., Nelson, B.L., Nicol, D.M., 2001. Discrete- Event System Simulation - 3rd edition. Prentice-Hall, USA.
- Bai Y., Bai Q., 2010. Subsea Engineering Handbook, Elsevier, USA.
- Caspar G. L., 2009. Patent Application Publication - Christmas Treee and Wellhead Design. Pub. No US 2009/0294131 A1
- Choi, H.S., Lee, S.K., Do, C.H., 2011. Subsea Responses to the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Journal of KSOE, 25(3), 90-95. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2011.25.3.090
- Corneliussen, J. 2006. Well Safety - Risk Control in the Operational Phase of Offshore Wells. The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
- Eivind H.O., Sigbjorn S., 2007. Integrity Assessment of Well Barrier Threatened by Increasing Casing Hanger Loads. Proceedings of SPE E&P Environmental and Safety Conference, Galveston, Texas, USA, 5-7 March 2007.
- Fenton, S.P., 2009. Emerging Roles for Subsea Trees: Portals for Subsea System Functionality. Proceedings of Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas, USA, 4-7 May 2009.
- FSC Participants, 2005. OpenFTA Version 1.0 User Manual. Formal Software Construction Ltd., UK.
- OREDA Participants, 2009. OREDA Handbook, Volume 2 - Subsea Equipment 5th Edition. DNV(Det Norske Veritas), Norway.
- Vesely, W.E., Goldberg, F.F., Roberts, N.H., Haasl, D.F., 1981. NUREG-0492 Fault Tree Handbook. U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, USA.
- Vesterkaer, R., 2002. Is it Necessary to Install a Downhole Safety Valve in a Subsea Oil / Gas Well? A Comparison of the Risk Level of a Well with, and without a Safety Valve. The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
Supported by : 지식경제부