- Volume 22 Issue 6
Based on the survey of East Lake Park, South Lake Park and Tian Waicun in Tai'an by questionnaire survey, on-the-spot investigation and in-depth interview, the paper analyzes the tendencies of visitors to the animal elements and animal landscape in landscape architecture from three terms: primary attributes, the cognition of animal elements and animal elements landscape preferences. We have drawn several conclusions: the landscapes of animal elements are in urgent demand by the public ; The animal elements having lovely image, auspicious meaning and local characteristics are the most popular application types of animal elements landscapes ; The most favorite types of animals and animal elements are: doves, cranes monkeys, pandas, butterflies, dragonflies, fold fish, dolphins, dragons and cartoon animals ; The popular landscaping techniques of animal elements are the methods of combining with plants, buildings and garden ornaments.
Landscape architecture;Animal elements;Visitors' perception;Questionnaire survey;Application forms
- Guo, F. P., 2004, The research on the origin and evolution of Chinese landscape animals, Agricultural Archaeology, 3, 251-253.
- Zhou, W. Q., 2004, Cultural background for the development of Chinese classical landscape architecture, Chinese Landscape Architecture, 9, 59-61.
- Liu, Y. H., Zhang, Y. P., Lu, L., 2011, Analyzing the applications of animals in the process of Chinese landscape architecture development, Modern Garden, 5, 48-50.
- Zhang, T. J., 2004, Analyzing the animal elements in Chinese classical gardens, Master's thesis, Soochow University, Jiangsu, China.
- Guo, F. P., Zhang, Y., An, L., 2008, Research on the symbolic significance of Chinese garden animals, Journal of Northwest Agriculture and Forestry University, 3, 127-149.
- Dai, F., Zhang, J. H., 2008, The survey method in planning and design (1) -- the investigation method of the questionnaire, Chinese Landscape Architecture, 10, 82-87.