- Volume 22 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Onshore Wind Resource Potential According to Environmental Conservation Value Assessment
국토환경성평가에 의한 육상 풍력자원 잠재량 산정
- Received : 2012.12.04
- Accepted : 2013.03.15
- Published : 2013.06.28
In order to analyze the effect of environmental protection on wind energy dissemination quantitatively, the onshore wind resource potential is estimated using Environmental Conservation Value Assessment Map and Korea Wind Resource Map. The onshore wind resource potential of 11 GW is calculated if wind farm development is prohibited within Class 1 area of Environmental Conservation Value Assessment plus 500 m buffer area. Therefore it is worried that environmental protection would be a practical barrier of accomplishing 4,155 thousand TOE target of wind energy dissemination until 2030.
Environmental conservation value assessment map(ECVAM);Korea wind resource map;Wind resource potential
- Energy Economy, Panic of onshore wind power companies, September 26, 2012.
- Hoogwijk, M., Vries, B., Turkenburg, W., 2004, Assessment of the global and regional geographical, technical and economic potential of onshore wind energy, Energy Economics, 26, 889-919. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2004.04.016
- Elliott, D., Schwartz, M., Haymes, S., Heimiller, D., Scott, G., Flowers, L., 2010, 80 and 100 meter wind energy resource potential for the United States, WINDPOWER 2010 Conference & Exhibition, 23-26 May 2010, Dallas, Texas.
- Kim, H. G., 2008, Preliminary estimation of wind resource potential in South Korea, J. of the Korean Solar Energy Society, 28(6), 1-7.
- Kim, H. G., Jang, M. S., Lee, E. J., 2008, Meteorstatistical analysis for establishment of jejudo wind resource database, J. of the Environmental Sciences, 17(6), 591-599. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.6.591
- Kim, H. G., Hwang, H. J., Lee, H. W., Kim, D. H., Kim, D. J., 2009, Validation of numerical wind simulation by offshore wind extraction from satellite images, J. of the Environmental Sciences, 18(8), 847-856. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.8.847
- Kim, H. G., 2012, Analysis on wind profile characteristics in a sublayer of atmospheric boundary layer over a semi-complex terrain - LIDAR remote sensing campaign at Pohang Accelerator Laboratory, J. of the Environmental Sciences, 21(2), 145-152. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.2.145
- Kim, H. G., Kang, Y. H., 2012, The 2010 wind resource map of the Korean Peninsular, J. of the Wind Engineering Institute of Korea, 16(3) 1-6.
- Kim, H. G., Lee, H. W., Lee, S. H., 2012, Development of the Korea wind resource map and suitability assessment system for offshore wind farm, J. of Wind Energy, 2(2), 17-23.
Korea Institute of Energy Research, 2007-2012, National wind map web service,
- Lazard Ltd., 2011, Lazard's levelized cost of energy analysis - version 5.0, 15.
- Ministry of Environment, 2008, White paper of environmental conservation value assessment map (2001-2008), Korea Environment Institute, 302.
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 2008, The 3rd basic plan for technology development, application, and deployment of new & renewable energy(2009∼2030), 52.
- Site Selection and Potential Analysis using the Frame for Assessing Environmental-friendly Wind Power Plant vol.17, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2014.17.4.17
- Wind Farm Siting in Mountainous Terrain By Geomorphometric Characterization vol.22, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7319/kogsis.2014.22.4.013
- Resource Assessment of Tidal Current Energy Using API in Korea vol.36, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2016.36.1.075
- Evaluation of Implementation Potential of Offshore Wind Farm Capacity in Korea Using National Wind Map and Commercial Wind Farm Design Tool vol.36, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2016.36.4.021
Supported by : 한국에너지기술연구원