- Volume 37 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Optimal Process Planning of CNG Pressure Vessel by Ensuring Reliability and Improving Die Life
CNG 압력용기의 최적 공정설계를 통한 공정의 신뢰성 확보 및 다이 수명 향상
- Bae, Jun Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Hyun Woo (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Moon Saeng (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.12.27
- Accepted : 2013.05.27
- Published : 2013.07.01
The deep drawing and ironing (DDI) process involving the use of a high-capacity horizontal press is used for manufacturing acompressed natural gas (CNG) pressure vessel. However, some variables of the DDI process have been determined based on the experiences of workers, and the short die life needs to be improved for manufacturing the pressure vessel withhighquality and lowcost. In this study, process variables such as the draw ratio, distance between dies, radius of rounding of drawing die, and angle of ironing die are chosen to enhance the reliability and improve the die life based on previous studies and experiences. The draw ratio limits at which no tearing or wrinkling occurs are determined using FEA, and the distances between dies, radius of rounding of drawing die, and angle of ironing die are optimized by the DOE method. The results of the optimal process variables are compared with those of the existing DDI process for verifying their effectiveness.
Deep Drawing & Ironing;CNG;Pressure Vessel;Process Design;Wear of Die;FEA
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Yoon, J. H., Jung, S. Y., Choi, Y., Kim, C., Choi, J. C., 2002, "A Study on the Development of Computer-Aided Process Planning System for the Deep Drawing & Ironing of High Pressure Gas Cylinder," Journal of KSPE, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 177-186.
- Kim, E. S., Kim, J. H., Park, Y. S., Kim, C., Choi, J. C., 2003, "Development of an Automated Design System of CNG Composite Vessel Using Steel Liner Manufactured by D.D.I Process," Journal of KSPE, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 205-213.
- Brochure of Fielding Co., Ltd, 1998, UK.
- Park, C. W., Kim, C., Kim, Y. H., Choi, J. C., 2005, "A Study of Automated Process Planning Using Autofrettage for Large-Sized High Pressure Vessel," Spring Conference Proceeding, KSAE, pp.167-172.
- Kim, E. S., Kim, J, H., Park, Y. S., Kim, C., Choi, J. C., 2003, "Development of an Automated Design System of CNG Composite Vessel using Steel Liner Manufactured by D.D.I Process," Journal of KSPE, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 205-213.
- Iliescu, C., 1990, Cold-Pressing Technology, Elsevier Science Publishing Company, INC., pp. 281.
- NK Co., Ltd, 2001, Process Planning and Die Design for Liner of CNG Cylinder, pp. 12-41.
- Osakada, K., Shiraishi, M., Nuraki, S., Tokuoka, M., 1991, "Measurement of Flow Stress by the Ring Compression Test," JSME International Journal, Series A, Vol. 34, pp. 312-318.
- Bae, J. H., 2012, "Evaluation of Structure Performacne and Forming for 34CrMo4/E-glass Epoxy Pressure Vessel (Type II)," Ph.D. thesis, School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University.
- Shim, H. B. and Yang, D. Y., 1994, "Elastic-Plastic Finite Element Analysis of Deep Drawings of Circular and Square Cups Considering Bending," KSME, Vol. 18, No. 7, pp.1738-1750.
- Baek, S. Y., Kwon, J. W. and Lee, K. D., 2000, "Effects of Blank Design Factors on Stretch Flange Forming of the Tailored Blank Using Taguchi Method," Trans. Mater. Process, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 339-347.
- A study on integrated design for manufacturing processes of a compressed natural gas composite vessel vol.15, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-014-0471-1
- Structure integrity of rack module for compressed natural gas (CNG) pressure vessel - under automotive collision and vibration vol.30, pp.11, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-016-1025-5
- Optimal Design of the Tractrix Die Used in the DDI Process for Manufacturing CG Pressure Vessels vol.40, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.10.879
- Forming of Dome and Inlet Parts of a High Pressure CNG Vessel by the Hot Spinning Process vol.40, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.10.887