- Volume 37 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on Friction Energy of Rubber Block Under Vertical Load and Horizontal Velocity
고무블록의 수직 하중 및 수평 속도에 따른 마찰에너지 연구
- Kim, Jin Kyu (School of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Sai Rom (School of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Lee, Il Yong (School of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Kim, Doo Man (School of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.)
- 김진규 (한국항공대학교 항공우주 및 기계공학부) ;
- 유새롬 (한국항공대학교 항공우주 및 기계공학부) ;
- 이일용 (한국항공대학교 항공우주 및 기계공학부) ;
- 김두만 (한국항공대학교 항공우주 및 기계공학부)
- Received : 2012.12.28
- Accepted : 2013.04.19
- Published : 2013.07.01
Rubber is one of the most commonly used materials in various fields because of its unique viscoelastic properties. Friction occurs when a tire constantly makes contact with the ground. As a result, friction causes wear. The frictional energy caused by friction is a primary factor in the wear mechanism. The frictional energy is affected by various conditions (temperature, roughness of ground, shape of rubber, load, and materials). In this study, the analysis was preceded by considering the vertical load and the horizontal velocity to the rubber using ABAQUS/explicit. The contact pressure, and friction energy are derived using the shear force and slip distance. The actual behavior of the rubber test data were compared with the analysis results.
- Schallamach, A. and Turner, D.M., 1960, "Tire Traction and Wear," Wear, Vol. 3, pp. 1-3. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(60)90172-1
- Schallamach, A., 1958, "Friction and Abrasion of Rubber Wear," Wear, Vol. 1, No. 5, pp. 384-417 https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(58)90113-3
- Shiraishi, M., Yoshinaga, H., Miyori, A. and Takahashi, E., 2000, "Simulation of Dynamically Rolling Tire," Tire Science & Technology, TSTCA, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 264-276. https://doi.org/10.2346/1.2136004
- Knisley, S., 2002, "A Correlation Between Rolling Tire Contact Friction Energy and Indoor Tread Wear," Tire Science & Technology, TCSTCA, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 83-99. https://doi.org/10.2346/1.2135251
- Kim, D. M. and Park, I. J., 2001, "Analysis of Contact Stresses on the Tread Rubber Blocks with Slip," Tire Science and Technology, TSTCA, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 216-229. https://doi.org/10.2346/1.2135240
- Akasaka, T., Kagami, S., Hasegawa, A. and Siobara, H., 1993, "The Contact Pressure Distribution and Detaching Phenomenon of Tire Tread Rubber Under Compressive and Shearing Forces," Journal of the Society of Rubber Industry of Japan, Nihon Gomu, Vol.66, No.4, pp. 259-272. https://doi.org/10.2324/gomu.66.259
- Khandhia, Y. A., 1990, "Finite Element Analysis of Rubber Problems Nonlinear Stress Analysis," IOP Short Meeting, No.24, pp.11-19.
- Desmond, F. Moore, 1980, "Friction and Wear in Rubbers and Tires," Wear, Vol. 61, No. 2, pp. 273-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(80)90291-4
- Kim, H. J., Kim, S. N., Kim, S. H. and Kim, D. M., 2010, "Characteristics of Rubber Friction and Wear," SASE, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esas.2009.12.003
- Kim, D. M., Kwon, Y. C. and Shin, D. Y., 1997, "A Study on Stresses Analysis of Tire Tread Block," Journal of Korea Society for Aeronautical and Space Science, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 55-61.
- Sridharan, K. and Sivaramakrishnan, R., 2012, "Dynamic Behavior of Tyre Tread Block," American Journal of Engineering and Applied Science, Vol.5, pp.119-127. https://doi.org/10.3844/ajeassp.2012.119.127
- Hofstetter, K., Grohs. Ch., Eberhardsteiner, J. and Mang, H. A., 2006, "Sliding Behaviour of Simplified Tire Tread Patterns Investigated by Means of FEM," Computer and Structure, Vol. 84, pp.1151-1163. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2006.01.010
- Ogden, R. W., 1993, "Large Deformation Isotropic Elasticity-on the Correlation of Theory and Experiment for Incompressible Rubberlike Solid," Proc. R. Soc. Lond., Rubber Chem Technol, Vol. 326, pp. 565-584.
- Rhee, B. G., Oh, S. M., 2008, "Study on the Friction Characteristics for Automotive Tires," The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 1535-1540. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2008.9.6.1535
- Yoo, H. S., Kim, D. M., Lee, S. J. and Ko, B. J., 2007, "An Analysis of the Friction Energy on the Rubber Block," The Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, Vol.35, No.7, pp.619-626. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2007.35.7.619
- Cho, J. R., Choi, J. H., Yoo, W. S., Kim, G. J. and Woo. J. S., 2006, "Estimation of Dry Road Braking Distance Considering Frictional Energy of Patterned Tires," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol.42, pp. 1248-1257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.finel.2006.06.005