- Volume 37 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Performance Prediction of Landing Gear Considering Uncertain Operating Parameters
운용 파라미터의 불확실성을 고려한 착륙장치 완충성능 해석
- Kim, Tae Uk (Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- 김태욱 (한국항공우주연구원)
- Received : 2012.12.28
- Accepted : 2013.04.03
- Published : 2013.07.01
The performance estimation of a landing gear with uncertain parameters is presented. In actual use, many parameters can have certain degrees of variations that affect the energy absorbing performance. For example, the shock strut gas pressure, oil volume, tire pressure, and temperature can deviate from their nominal values. The objective function in this study is the ground reaction during touchdown, which is a function of the abovementioned parameters and time. To consider the uncertain properties, convex modeling and interval analysis are used to calculatethe objective function. The numerical results show that the ground reaction characteristics are quite different from those of the deterministic method. The peak load, which affects the efficiency and structural integrity, is increases considerably when the uncertainties are considered. Therefore, it is important to consider the uncertainties, and the proposed methodology can serve as an efficient method to estimate the effect of such uncertainties.
Landing Gear;Oleo-Pneumatic Shock Absorber;Uncertainty;Convex Modeling;Interval Analysis
- Wall, F. J. and Bucher, C. G., 1987, "Sensitivity of Expected Exceedance Rate of SDOF-System Response to Statistical Uncertainties of Loading and System Parameters," Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 2, pp. 138-146. https://doi.org/10.1016/0266-8920(87)90004-X
- Ben-Haim, Y. and Elishakoff, I., 1990, Convex Models of Uncertainty in Applied Mechanics, Elsevier, Amsterdam.
- Elishakoff, I. and Colombi, P., 1993, "Combination of Probabilistic and Convex Models of Uncertainty When Scarce Knowledge Is Present on Acoustic Excitation Parameters," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 104, pp. 187-209. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(93)90197-6
- Elishakoff, I., Haftka, R. T. and Fang, J., 1994, "Structural Design Under Bounded Uncertainty-Optimization with Anti-optimization," Computers and Structures, Vol. 53, pp. 1401-1405. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(94)90405-7
- Kim, T. U. and Sin, H. C., 2001, "Optimal Design of Composite Laminated Plates with the Discreteness in Ply Angles and Uncertainty in Material Properties Considered," Computers and Structures, Vol. 79, pp. 2501-2509. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(01)00133-X
- Qiu, Z., 2005, "Convex Models and Interval Analysis Method to Predict the Effect of Uncertain-butbounded Parameters on the Buckling of Composite Structures," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 194, pp. 2175-2189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2004.07.018
- Qiu, Z. and Elishakoff, I., 2001, "Anti-Optimization Technique-A Generalization of Interval Analysis for Nonprobabilistic Treatment of Uncertainty," Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, Vol. 12, pp. 1747-1759. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-0779(00)00102-8
- McWilliam, S., 2001, "Anti-Optimisation of Uncertain Structures Using Interval Analysis," Computers and Structures, Vol. 79, pp. 421-430. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(00)00143-7
- Penmetsa, R. C. and Grandhi, R, V., 2002, "Efficient Estimation of Structural Reliability for Problems with Uncertain Intervals," Computers and Structures, Vol. 80, pp. 1103-1112. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(02)00069-X
- Rao, S. S. and Berke, L., 1997, "Analysis of Uncertain Structural Systems Using Interval Analysis," AIAA Journal, Vol. 35, pp. 727-735. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.164
- Currey, N. S., 1988, Aircraft Landing Gear Design: Principles and Practices, AIAA, Washington, D.C.