- Volume 37 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study of Impact Reduction Characteristics of Hat-Shaped Stiffened Panel Under Hypervelocity Impact
초고속 충돌을 받는 모자형 보강 패널의 충격 저감 특성에 관한 연구
- Yang, Tae-Ho (Dept. Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Young-Shin (Dept. Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.12.28
- Accepted : 2013.04.04
- Published : 2013.07.01
This paper presents the results of sizing optimization of ahat-shaped stiffener on a rectangular stiffened panel. The stiffened panel is subjected to impact loading by a projectile with a velocity of 1500-2500 m/s. To determine the size of the hat-shaped stiffener, sizing optimization was performed. The sizing optimization consists of three functions: objective, constraint, and design functions. The objective function is used to maximize the fundamental frequency of the stiffened panel. The constraint function is that the stiffener volume is less than 10% of the plate volume. The design function is the dimensions of the hat-shaped stiffener. By using the stiffened panel with the optimized hat-shaped stiffener, a hypervelocity impact was simulated, and the velocity and kinetic energy on the optimized stiffener was obtained. To evaluate the impact reduction on the stiffened panel, the velocity and kinetic energy of the projectile was normalized and compared.
Hypervelocity Impact;Hat-Shaped Stiffener;Impact Reduction
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bedair, O., 2011, "Free Vibration Characteristics of Thin Walled Panels Attached to Zee-Stiffeners," Thin-Walled Structures, Vol.49, No.4, pp.494-501. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2010.12.005
- Alinia, M.M., 2005, "A Study into Optimization of Stiffeners in Plates Subjected to Shear Loading," Thin-Walled Structures, Vol.43, No.5, pp.845-860. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2004.10.008
- Aki, W., Ei-Sabbagh, A. and Baz, A., 2008, "Optimization of the Static and Dynamic Characteristics of Plates with Isogrid Stiffeners," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 44, No. 8, pp. 513-523. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.finel.2008.01.015
- Jukas, J.A., Nicholas, T., Swift, H.F., Greszczuk, L.B. and Curran, D.R., 1982, "Impact Dynamics," Wiley-Interscience.
- Cour-Palas, B.G., 2001, "The Shape Effect of Non-Spherical Projectiles in Hypervelocity Impacts," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.26, No. 1-10, pp.129-143. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0734-743X(01)00075-6
- Kawai, N., Tsurni, K., Shindo, D., Motoyashiki, Y. and Sato, E., 2011, "Fracture Behavior of Silicon Nitride Ceramics Subjected to Hypervelocity Impact," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.38, No. 7., pp.542-545. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2011.01.003
- Weber, K., Holmquist, T.J. and Templeton, D., W., 2001, "The Response of Layered Aluminum Nitride Targets Subjected to Hypervelocity Impact," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.26, No.1-10, pp.831-841. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0734-743X(01)00136-1
- ANSYS Workbench V13.0 User's manual, ANSYS Inc.
- Jo, J.H. and Lee, Y.S., 2012, "A Study on Hypervelocity Penetration Characteristics of Cylindrical Rod Penetrator with Various L/D Geometry," Proceeding of Annual Conference on Missile Division of the Korean Institute of Military Science and Technology, pp. 428-433.
- LS-DYNA Version 970 Keyword User's Manual, Livermore Software.
- Part, M.S., Yoo, J.H. and Chung, D.T., 2004 "Numerical-Experimental Investigation and Optimal Design of Dual Plate," Proceeding of Spring Conference on Solid and Structure Division of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. 24-27.