- Volume 37 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Fatigue Strength Evaluation of Bogie Frame of Urban Maglev Train
도시형 자기부상열차 대차 프레임의 피로강도 평가
- Han, Jeong Woo (Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Kim, Heung Sub (Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Bang, Je Sung (Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Song, See Yeob (Applied Technology Research Team, Hyundai Rotem Company)
- 한정우 (한국기계연구원 기계시스템안전연구본부) ;
- 김흥섭 (한국기계연구원 기계시스템안전연구본부) ;
- 방제성 (한국기계연구원 기계시스템안전연구본부) ;
- 송시엽 (현대로템(주) 기술연구소 응용기술연구팀)
- Received : 2012.12.28
- Accepted : 2013.05.28
- Published : 2013.07.01
This study evaluated the fatigue strength of the bogie frame of an urban maglev train through fatigue analysis, cumulative damage, and fatigue tests based on a proposed fatigue evaluation method. The results of FEM analysis in which various load combinations were adopted showed that all data were under the fatigue limit of a butt welded joint made of A6005 in a Goodman diagram. The cumulative fatigue damage was calculated at the highest level from a bolt connecting the area of the electromagnetic pole in the casting block; however, the total sum was evaluated as D=0.808 based on
Urban Maglev Train;Bogie Frame;Fatigue Analysis;Fatigue Limit Diagram;Fatigue Test
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Kassner, M., 2012, "Fatigue Strength Analysis of a Welded Railway Vehicle Structure by Different Methods," International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 34, pp. 103-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2011.01.020
- Oda, Y., Yagi, T., Okino, T. and Ishiduka, H., 2007, "Fatigue Life Estimation for Welds of Truck Frames for Rolling Stock Using Stress Frequency in Service Load," Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. A73, No. 734, pp. 1171-1176. https://doi.org/10.1299/kikaia.73.1171
- Mancini, G. and Cera, A., 2008, "Design of Railway Bogies in Compliance with New EN 13749 European Standard," Proceedings of WCRR.
- UIC Code 615-4, 1994, "Movie Power Units Bogies and Running Gear Bogie Frame Structure Strength Tests," International Union of Railway.
- EN 13749, 2005, "Railway applications-Wheelsets and Bogies-Methods of Specifying Structural Requirements of Bogie Frames," European Committee for Standardization.
- JIS E7105, 1994, "Test Methods for Static Load of Body Structures of Railways Rolling Stock," Japanese Industrial Standard.
- U. S. Department of Transportation, 2004, "Chubu HSST Maglev System Evaluation and Adaptability for US Urban Maglev," FTA-MD-26-7029-03.8, Federal Transit Administration.
- U. S. Department of Transportation, 2002, "Electromagnetic Field Characteristics of the Transrapid TR08 Maglev System," DOT-VNTSCFRA-02-11, Federal Railroad Administration.
- Lee, N. J., Han, H. S., Lee, W. S. and Kim, C. G., 2009, "Manufacturing and Dynamic Performance Test for Prototype Bogie of Half Maglev Vehicle," Proceedings of Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 1575-1580.
- Kim, K. J., Lee, J. M., Lee, N. J. and Yang, S. J., 2009, "Prediction of Dynamic Loads on the Aluminum Bogie of a Maglev Vehicle Using Flexible Multibody Dynamics," Proceedings of Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, 2773-2778.
- Shin, K. S., 2002, "Evaluation of Fatigue Strength And Reliability on 6005A Butt and Lab Welded Joints," Report of Research Institute of Advanced Material in Seoul National University.
- Handbuch der Gusswerkstoffe, Honsel, 23