- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Characteristics of the Endangered Species Psilotum nudum Habitat in Jeju Island
제주도 멸종위기종 솔잎란(Psilotum nudum) 자생지 특징에 관한 연구
Choi, Young-Eun;Kim, Chang-Hwan
- Received : 2013.02.01
- Accepted : 2013.05.08
- Published : 2013.06.30
This study was conducted to understand the habitat characteristics of Psilotum nudum of Dosuncheon river and Anduck valley in Jeju Island. The total of 79 vascular plants taxa including 39 families, 58 genera, 75 species and 4 varieties were investigated in Dosuncheon river, while 59 vascular plants taxa consisting of 34 families, 50 genera, 53 species and 6 varieties were investigated in Anduck valley. When it comes to the life form, the rates of distribution of annual plants (therophytes) at the mouth of Dosuncheon river and Anduck valley were lower than those of the Korean peninsula and Jeju Island. However, the rates of distribution of chamaephytes and epiphytes were higher at the mouth of Dosuncheon river and Anduck valley. As for vegetation, epiphytes (such as Trachelospermum asiaticum var. intermedium, Trachelospermum asiaticum var. majus and Lemmaphyllum microphyllum) and adiantum plants (including Psilotum nudum, Cytomium fortunei and Rumohra aristata), which are typically easy to be dispersed in rocky zones, dominated these areas since they are vertical or horizontal joints containing wide rocky zones. The main threats to the habitats of Psilotum nudum are environmental pollution, lack of publicity, installation of various facilities such as recreational facilities, gathering for medical and horticulture purposes, vegetation succession and application of waterfront. The management of the rocky zones as habitats for Psilotum nudum is an important factor in their expansion.
Psilotum nudum;Dosuncheon river;Anduck valley;Flora;Life form;Vegetation
- Namjeju-Gun. 2004b. Report Survey and Study for Andeok Valley Evergreen forest zone Conservation measures.
- Raunkiaer, C. 1934. Life form of plants and Statistical Plant Geography. Charendon Press, Oxford.
- Seogwipo City. 2004. Master Planning Reports on Local level 2 River Improvement.
- Yim, Y. J.․Park, G. H. and Shim, J. K. 1991. Geographical Significance of Raunkiaer's Life Form Spectra in South Korea. A Collection of Essays Honoring Professor Yang-Jai Yim.
- Braun-Blanquet, J. 1964. Planzen Soziologie, 3. Auf, Springer, Wein, New York.
- Choi, Y. E.․Cim, C. H. and Kim, J. M. 2012. A Study on the Characteristics of Endangered species Psilotum nudum Habitat and Vegetation of the Dosuncheon and Akgeuncheon estuary in Jeju Island. Korean Institute of Forest Recreation 16(3):129-149.
- Kim, C. S.․Yang, J. B.․Kang, Y. S.․Kang, Y. J.․Kim, J.․Kim, J. E.․Lee, E. J.․ Moon, M. O.․Song, G. P.․Song, G. M.․ Yang, D. G.․Kim, Y. H. and Yang, E. S. 2003. The Rare Plants in Namjeju-Gun.
- Koh, K. S.․Lee, Y. M.․Kim, T. W. and Bae, J. O. 1991. A study on the endangered plants of Jeju Island. Seoul National University, College of Agriculture, Research Report.
- Korea Ferns Research Society. 2006. Ferns and fern allies of Korea. Geobook.
- Lee, T. B. 2003. Illustrated flora of Korea. Seoul:Hyangmunsa.
- Lee, W. T. 1996a. Standard illustrations of Korean plants. Seoul:Academy Press.
- Lee, W. T. 1996b. Lineamenta florae Koreae. Seoul:Academy Press.
- Lee, Y. N. 1996. Flora of Korea. Kyohksa.
- Ministry of Environment. 2005. Protection of Wild Fauna and Flora Act (Endangered Fauna and Flora I.II).
- Muller-Dombois, D. and Ellenberg, H. 1974. Aims and methods of Vegetation Ecology, John Wiley and Son Inc.
- Nakai, T. 1952. Synoptical sketch of korean flora Natu. Sci. Mus. Tokyo No. 31.
- Namjeju-Gun. 2004a. Report Survey and Study for Sanbangsan Rock-plant Zone Conservation measures.