- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Forest Classification for Ecosystem Services Valuation - Focused on Forest Type Map and Landcover Map -
생태계 서비스 가치평가를 위한 산림 유형 분류 방안 - 임상도와 토지피복지도 활용을 중심으로 -
Jeon, Seong Woo;Kim, Jaeuk;Jung, Huicheul
- Received : 2013.02.14
- Accepted : 2013.05.02
- Published : 2013.06.30
Some researcher started studies of natural capital from 1980's. But many researches are going along with the theme lately. Most assessment of ecosystem services are approaching a general assessment using a land-cover map. Therefore they have some problems such as overestimate, underestimate, and double counting, and so on. This study suggested a detailed typology for quantitative assessment about ecosystem services. It compared land-cover map and forest type map to select a based map and made criteria with reference to the literature and field survey. It subdivided a forest typology using ecological feature (natural forest, artifical forest), forest type (coniferous forest, mixed forest, hardwood forest) and age of stand in forest type map. Each forest type is widely distributed 21~40 ages of forests and biggest area is 21~40 ages of mixed forest in all forest typology. Further researches have to progress consistently assessment using detailed typology and function of forest ecosystem services.
Ecosystem services;Forest;Land cover typology;Natural capital
- Ahn, S. E..Bae, D. H. and Lee, C. H. 2011. Construction of an Environmental Valuation Database and Analysis of Valuation Studies of Korea III. Korea Environment Institute, Seoul. (in Korean with English summary)
- Oh, D. H. and Yeo, U. S. 2011. Improvement of forest public functions in Busan:application of monetary valuation. Busan Development Institute, Busan. (in Korean with English summary)
- Lee, H. H. 1997. Estimations on the Water Purification of Forest by Analyzing Water Quality Variations in Forest Hydrological Processes. Journal of Korean Forest Society 86(1):56-68. (in Korean with English summary)
- Lee, H. B..Park, C. O. and Shin, D. Y. 2007. The Characteristics of Runoff from a Forest Watershed with Different Vegetation. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers 29(3):311-316. (in Korean with English summary)
- Jeong, W. O. and Ma, H. S. 2006. Evaluation and Prediction of Failure Hazard Area by the Characteristics of Forest Watershed. Korean Journal of Environment and Eology 20(4):415-424. (in Korean with English summary)
- Burkhard, B..F. Kroll.F. Müuller and W. Windhorst. 2009. Landscapes' Capacities to Provide Ecosystem Services-a Concept for Land-Cover Based Assessments. Landscape Online 15:1-22. DOI:10.3097/LO.200915 https://doi.org/10.3097/LO.200915
- Costanza, R..R. d'Arge.R. de Groot.S. Farber. M. Grasso.B. Hannon.K. Limburg.S. Naeem.R. V. O'Neill.J. Paruelo.R. G. Raskin.P. Sutton and M. van den Belt. 1997. The value of the world's ecosystem services and natural capital. Nature 387:253-260. https://doi.org/10.1038/387253a0
- IPCC. 2003. Good Practice Guidance for Land Use, land-Use Change and Forestry. Penman, J..M. Gytarsky.T. Hiraishi.T. Krug.D. Kruger.R. Pipatti.L. Buendia.K. Miwa. T. Ngara.K. Tanabe and F. Wagner (Eds). Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change(IPCC), IPCC/IGES, Kanagawa, Japan.
- Liu, S..R. Costanza.A. Troy.J. D'Aagostino and W. Mates. 2010. Valuing New Jersey's Ecosystem Services and Natural Capital:A Spatially Explicit Benefit Transfer Approach. Environmental Management 45(6):1271-1285. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00267-010-9483-5
- Maynard, S..D. James and A. Davidson. 2010., The Development of an Ecosystem Services Framework for South East Queensland. Environmental Management 45(5):881-895. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00267-010-9428-z
- McComb, G..V. Lantz.K. Nash and R. Rittmaster. 2006. International valuation databases:Overview, methods and operational issues. Ecological Economics 60(2):461-472. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2006.05.009
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment. 2003. Ecosystems and Human Well-being:A Framework for Assessment. Washington D.C. Island Press.
- State of New Jersey. 2007. Valuing New Jersey's Natural Capital:An Assessment of the Economic Value of the State's Natural Resources.
- Troy, A. and K. Bagstad. 2009. Estimating Ecosystem Services in Southern Ontario. Report for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources.
- UK National Ecosystem Assessment. 2011. The UK National Ecosystem Assessment Technical Report. UNEP-WCMC. Cambridge.
- Kim, K. M.Kim, C. M and Jun, E. J. 2009. Study on the Standard for 1:25,000 Scale Digital Forest Type Map Production in Korea. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies 12(3):143-151. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim, S. K. et al.. 2011. A study on the development of the methodology to value the social and environmental benefits of forests, connected with payment scheme for forest ecosystem services. Korea Forest Service, Daejeon. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim, S. H..Lee, S. B..Yoon, Y. S. and Kwak, S. J. et al.. 2004. The Measurement of Environmental & Resource Values:Method and Application. Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, Anyang. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim, E. Y..Jeon, S. W..Song, W. K..Kwak, J. R. and Lee J. 2012. Application of ECVAM as a Indicator for Monitoring National Environment in Korea. Journal of Environemtal Policy 11(2):3-16. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim, J. H..Lee, K. H..Park, C. W..Seo, J. W..Son, Y. M..Kim, K. H..Youn, H. J..Park, C. R..Lee, S. W. and Oh, J. S. 2006. Nonmarket Valuation of Forest Resources in Korea. The Journal of Korean institute of Forest Recreation 10(2):7-15. (in Korean with English summary)
- Son, Y. M..Kim, C. C..Lee, K. H. and Kim, R. H. 2007a. Forest biomass assessment in Korea. National Institute of Environmental Research, Incheon. (in Korean)
- Son, Y. M..Lee, K. H. and Kim, R. H. 2007b. Estimation of Forest Biomass in Korea. Journal of Korean Forest Society 96(4):477-482. (in Korean with English summary)
- Song, D. G. 2009. A study on characteristics of the landslide occurred by heavy rainfall in 2006 - in Jinbu, Pyeongchang, Kangwon. MS Thesis. Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea. (in Korean with English summary)
- Ahn, S. E..Kim, J. Y..Lee, C. H. and Bae, D. H. 2009a. Integration of Environmental Value in Policy Assessment I. Korea Environment Institute, Seoul. (in Korean with English summary)
- Ahn, S. E..Yoon, J. H. and Bae, D. H. 2009b. Construction of an Environmental Valuation Database and Analysis of Valuation Studies of Korea I. Korea Environment Institute, Seoul. (in Korean with English summary)
- Ahn, S. E..Bae, D. H..Jeon, C. H. and Yoon, J. H. 2010. Construction of an Environmental Valuation Database and Analysis of Valuation Studies of Korea II. Korea Environment Institute, Seoul. (in Korean with English summary)
- Classification of Forest Vertical Structure in South Korea from Aerial Orthophoto and Lidar Data Using an Artificial Neural Network vol.7, pp.10, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/app7101046
- Effect of National-Scale Afforestation on Forest Water Supply and Soil Loss in South Korea, 1971–2010 vol.9, pp.7, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/su9061017
- Species Distribution Modeling of Endangered Mammals for Ecosystem Services Valuation - Focused on National Ecosystem Survey Data - vol.17, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2014.17.1.111
- Spatial assessment of ecosystem functions and services for air purification of forests in South Korea vol.63, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2016.05.005
Supported by : 환경부