- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Trends of Post-fire Forest Recovery in the South Sikhote-Alin Mountains, Russian Far East
Komarova, Tatiana A.;Sibirina, L.A.;Papaik, M.J.;Park, J.H.;Kang, HoSang
- Received : 2013.04.22
- Accepted : 2013.06.24
- Published : 2013.06.30
To understand natural regeneration and stand development after fire in mixed broadleaved-coniferous forests of Sikhote-Alin Mountains, ten sample plots of
forest fire;Russian Far East;natural regeneration;fire-sensitive species;fire-resistant species;forest succession
- Mishkov, F. F. and Starodumov, A. M. 1982. Post-fire regenerative changes in Korean pine forests. In:Forest regeneration in mountain forests of the Far East. Khabarovsk. p. 27-34. (In Russian).
- Pyne, S. J. 1995. World fire:The culture of fire on earth.
- Sheshukov, M. A. 1967. Classification of forest fires on size of the burned out area. Forest regeneration.1, 53-57. (In Russian).
- Sheshukov, M. A.․Soloviev, K. P. and Naikrug, I. B. 1978. Influence of various factors on damageability of standing timbers and tree species by fire. In:Usage and reproduction of woody resources of Far East. Khabarovsk, pp. 145-150. (In Russian).
- Shumway, D. L.․Abrams, M. L. and Ruffner, C. M. 2001. A 400-year history of fire and oak recruitment in an old-growth oak forest in western Maryland, USA. Can. J. For. Res. 31, 1437-1443. https://doi.org/10.1139/x01-079
- Soloduchin, E. D. 1952. Forest regeneration in some types of forest within Primorski territory. Communication of FEB SO USSR AS. 5, 43-53. (In Russian).
- Soloduchin, E. D. 1954. Natural forest regeneration on clearing and burned stand in fir-spruce forest of the Far East. Forest regeneration.11, 40-42. (In Russian).
- Starodumov, A. M. 1966. Character of forest fires on the Far East. Forest industry. pp. 58 (In Russian).
- Starodumov, A. M., Tsibukov, В. N. 1969. Effect of forest fire on the decomposition of trees in larch forests of Khabarovski territory. Forest regeneration, 10, 60-63. (In Russian).
- Sverlova L. I.․Kostyrina, T. V. 1985. Droughts and forest fires on the Far East. Khabarovsk. pp. 118.
- Vascular plants of the Soviet Far East. Science. 1985-1996. Vol.1-8. (In Russian).
- Agee, J. K. 1993. Fire ecology of Pacific Northwest forests. Island Press:Washington D.C.
- Clements F. E. 1928. Plant succession and indicators. Wilson:New York.
- Clements F. E. 1949. The dynamics of vegetation. New York.
- Sheingauz A. A. 2004. Forest fire management in high biodiversity value forests of the Amur-Sikhote-Alin ecoregion:Scientifictechnical basis of the project. Khabarovsk, Printing-house "ZhASO-Amur".
- Guyette, R. P. and Spetich, M. A. 2003. Fire history of oak-pine forests in the Lower Boston Mountains, Arkansas, USA. For. Ecol. Manage. 180:463-474. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-1127(02)00613-8
- Kolesnikov B. P. 1956. Korean pine forests of the Far East. AS USSR:M.L. (in Russian)
- Komarova, T. A. 1992. Post-fire succession in the forests of South Sikhote-Alin Mountains, Vladivostok:FEB RAS. (In Russian).
- Komarova, T. A.․Sibirina, L. A.․Lee, D. K. and Kang, H. S. 2005. Decomposition of trees after fires in Korean pine forest of the South Sikhote-Alin Mountains. In.:International symposium on ecological conservation and sustainable development of forest resources in Northeast Asia. Yanji, China. pp. 76-77