- Volume 21 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Center Pillar Design for High Bending Collapse Performance
굽힘 붕괴 성능 향상을 위한 센터 필라 설계
- Kang, Sungjong (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Park, Myeongjae (Graduate school of Automotive Engineering, Catholic University of Daegu)
- Received : 2012.09.25
- Accepted : 2013.01.15
- Published : 2013.07.01
High bending collapse performance (maximum resistance force and mean resistance force) of body center pillar is an important design target for vehicle safety against side impact. In this study, effect of the upper section shape and the thickness of outer reinforcement on bending collapse performance was investigated for the center pillar of a large passenger car. First, through bending collapse analyses using simple models with uniform section, an optimized center pillar upper section was chosen. Next, bending collapse performance for various models of the actual center pillar with changing the thickness of outer reinforcement were analyzed. The finally designed model showed distinctive enhancement in bending collapse performance nearly without weight increase.
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- S. J. Kang, "Roof Crush Analysis Technique Using Simple Model with Plastic Hinge Concepts," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.4, No.6, pp.216-222, 1996.
- H. Y. Kim, J. K. Kim, S. J. Heo and H. Kang, "Design of the Impact Energy Absorbing Member and Evaluation of the Crashworthiness for Aluminum Intensive Vehicle," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.10, No.1, pp.216-233, 2002.
- K. Ishida, M. Fukahori, K. Hanakawa, H. Tanaka and K. Matsuda, "Development of a Technique to Strengthen Body Frame with Structural Foam," SAE 2001-01-0313, 2001.
- B. J. Kim and S. J. Heo, "Collapse Characteristics of Aluminum Extrusions Filled with Structural Foam for Space Frame Vehicles," Int. J. Automotive Technology, Vol.4, No.3, pp.141-147, 2003.
- I. S. Lee and S. J. Kang, "Foam Filling Effect on Bending Collapse Characteristics for Member Section Type," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.15, No.2, pp.41-49, 2007.
- H. Huh, J. H. Lim, J. H. Song, K. S. Lee, Y. W. Lee and S. S. Han, "Crashworthiness Assessment of Side Impact of an Auto-body with 60Trip Steel for Side Members," Int. J. Automotive Technology, Vol.4, No.3, pp.149-156, 2003.
- LS-DYNA User's manual, Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Structures, Ver.971, LSTC, 2006.