- Volume 45 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Orientation properties of Korean traditional paper-Hanji
전통한지의 종이 방향성
- Yoon, Seung-Lak (Dept. of Interior Materials Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Ra, Jong-Bum (Dept. of Interior Materials Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2013.05.28
- Accepted : 2013.06.20
- Published : 2013.06.30
To evaluate the anisotropic characteristics of Korean traditional paper-Hanji, the physical and mechanical characteristics of hand-made hanji, and machine-made hanji were investigated in this research. The densities of copying paper and newsprint paper appeared to be two times higher than the densities of hand-made hanji using Ssangbal sheet forming and hanji made of paper mulberry fiber. The breaking length, and tear index of both Hanji using Owangbal sheet forming, and hand-made Hanji using Ssangbal sheet forming appeared to be different according to the directions in paper. The breaking lengths of Hanji using Owangbal sheet forming showed little differences according to the directions. Breaking length of Hanji using Ssangbal sheet were slightly higher than those of Hanji using Owangbla sheet forming. The breaking lengths of machine-made hanji, copying paper, and newsprint paper were two to four times higher than those of hand-made Hanji. The breaking length showed higher differences according to the direction than the tear index. The tensile strength according to the directions in paper showed significant differences (
Supported by : 경남과학기술대학교
- Jeon Cheol, Understanding of Hanji, A Publishing Hangeul, 273-288 (2012).
- Lee Seung-Cheol, Uri Hanji, Hyeonamsa, 151-157(2002).
- Smook G. A. and Byoung-Muk Jo, HANDBOOK FOR PULP AND PAPER TECHNOLOGISTS, Korea Textbook Co., Ltd., 335-336 (1992).
- Yoon Seung-Lak, Studies on the Paper Interior Materials of Tradition(Part 1) -Physical and Strength Properties of Changhoji-, J. Korea TAPPI 43(3): 80-87(2011).
- Han Yoon-Hee, Toshiharu Enomae and Akira Isogai, The Study og Hanji and Washi Fiber Orientation using Image analysis, Proceeding of Fall Conference of the Korea Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry:89-96 (2006).
- Yoon Seung-Lak, Hyun-Jin Jo, Sang-Bum Park, Hyo-Joo Kim, Jae-Kyeong Kim, Sa-Ick Kim, Studies on Wallpaper Making Using Hanji(I) -Making and Properties of Hanji for Wallpaper-, Mokchae Konghak 24(4):15-21 (1996).
- Yoon Seung-Lak, Manufacturing of Color hanji Using Basr Fibers Stained Dyed by Two Reactive Dyes, J. Korea TAPPI 34(4):44-50 (2002).
- Analysis of Domestic Research Trends on Korean Paper Hanji vol.33, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12654/JCS.2017.33.6.05