- Volume 62 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Thermal Characteristics of 110kW-class IPMSM for Light Railway Transit using the 3-Dimensional Thermal Equivalent Network considering Heat Source by Iron Loss Density Distributions
철손밀도 분포에 의한 열원이 고려된 3차원 열등가회로망을 이용한 경량전철 구동용 110kW급 IPMSM의 열 특성 연구
- Park, Chan-Bae (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- 박찬배 (한국철도기술연구원)
- Received : 2013.05.06
- Accepted : 2013.06.03
- Published : 2013.07.01
A research on thermal analysis method is conducted for the characterization of heat generation during operation of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor(IPMSM) for Light Railway Transits(LRT) in this paper. Efficient cooling of the heat generated in the IPMSM is important because the excessive heat generated from the winding, core and permanent magnet makes it harder for a long time continuous operation of IPMSM. Therefore, in order to analyze the heat generation characteristics of the 110kW-class IPMSM as advanced research for application the IPMSM to the cooling device, the heat transfer coefficients for each component of the 110 kW-class IPMSM were derived and the thermal equivalent network was configured to perform the thermal analysis in this study. Finally, the 110kW-class IPMSM prototype is made and a comparative verification between the test data and the thermal analysis results through its various performance tests are carried out.
- C.B Park, H.W. Lee, B.S. Lee, "Analysis of Eddy Current Loss on Permanent Magnets of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for Railway Transit," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 370-375, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.370
- C.B Park, H.W. Lee, B.S. Lee, "A study on the reduction of the stator iron loss on Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for light railway transit propulsion system," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 376-380, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.376
- J.W. Lim, J.H. Seo, S.Y. Lee, H.K. Jung, "Thermal Network Analysis of Interior Permanent Magnet Machine," 2009 Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 527-532, 2006.
- S.M. Jang, J.C. Seo, H.W. Cho, Y.H. Jeong, "Analysis of thermal distribution for permanent magnet high speed motor," KIEE Summer Conference 2004, pp. 1073-1075, 2004.
- J.H. Seo, "Thermal analysis and optimal design of Interior Permanent Magnet Motor for Vehicle Application," PhD Thesis, Seoul University, 2010.
- C.B Park, H.W. Lee, B.S. Lee, "Investigation of a Thermal Analysis Method for IPMSM in Railway Vehicles," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 99-103, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.2.099
- Y.S. Lee, S.Y. H, "Thermal analysis technology of electric motors : Part 1," Proceedings of KIEE, Vol.48, No.9, pp.12-17, 1998.
- C, Gazley, JR., "Heat-transfer characteristics of the rotational and axial flow between concentric cylinders," Transaction of the ASME, pp. 79-90, 1958.
- K.C. Jang, D.J. Bang, D.H. Kang, "Thermal analysis technology of electric motors : Part 2," Proceedings of KIEE, Vol. 48, No. 9, pp. 25-31, 1998.
- Y.S. Lee, "Thermal analysis of Induction Motor with Axial Cooling Channels in Stator and Rotor," PhD Thesis, Seoul National University, 1998.
- Thermal Analysis of IPMSM with Water Cooling Jacket for Railway Vehicles vol.9, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.882
- A Study on the Water-cooling Jacket Design of IPMSM for Railway Vehicles vol.62, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.10.1475
- Thermal Characteristic Analysis of IPMSM for Traction Considering a Driving Pattern of Urban Railway Vehicles vol.63, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.3.431
- A Study on the Thermal Characteristics of the 210 kW-class IPMSM for Urban Railway Vehicles with the Water-Cooling Jacket Shape vol.14, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42835-018-00067-9