- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Acetylation of Retinoblastoma Like Protein2 (Rb2/p130) in Tumor Tissues
- Khan, Z.N. (Department of Biosciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT)) ;
- Sabir, M. (Department of Biosciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT)) ;
- Kayani, M.A. (Department of Biosciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT)) ;
- Saeed, M. (Department of Biosciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT))
- Published : 2013.04.30
The activity of Rb proteins is controlled by post-translational modifications, especially through phosphorylation. Acetylation of Rb2/p130 was reported recently in NIH3T3 cells but its physiological relevance in cell cycle control and tumorigenesis is still unknown. Efforts are underway to investigate possible interplay between Rb2/p130 phosphorylation and acetylation. Here we hypothesized that Rb2/p130 acetylation, like p53 acetylation, may play a role in development of the tumor phenotype. The proposed hypothesis regarding acetylation of Rb2/p130 in tumor VS normal cells was found to be true in our case study of 36 tumor samples. Statistical analysis of results suggest strong correlation among Rb2/p130 acetylation and cancer phenotype.
Supported by : Higher Education Commission
- Rocha-Sanchez SMS, Beisel KW (2007). Pocket proteins and cell cycle regulation in inner ear development. Int J Dev Biol, 51, 585-95. https://doi.org/10.1387/ijdb.072387sr
- Saeed M, Schwarze F, Loidl A, et al (2012).In vitro phosphorylation and acetylation of the murine pocket protein Rb2/p130. PLoS ONE, 7, 46174. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0046174
- Schwarze F, Meraner J, Lechner M, et al (2010). Cell cycledependent acetylation of Rb2/p130 in NIH3T3 cells. Oncogene, 29, 5755-60. https://doi.org/10.1038/onc.2010.311
- Smith EJ, Leone G, DeGregori J, et al (1996). The accumulation of an E2F-p130 transcriptional repressor distinguishes a Go cell state from G1 cell state. Mol Cell Biol, 16, 6965-76.
- Toppari J, Suominenf JS, Yan W (2003). The role of retinoblastoma protein family in the control of germ cell proliferation, differentiation and survival. APMIS, 111, 245-51 https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0463.2003.11101281.x
- Baldi A, Esposito V, De Luca A, et al (1996b). Differential expression of the retinoblastoma gene family members pRb/ p105, p107, and pRb2/p130 in lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res, 2, 1239-45.
- Bosco EE, Knudsen ES (2007). RB in breast cancer: at the crossroads of tumor genesis and treatment. Cell Cycle, 6, 667-71. https://doi.org/10.4161/cc.6.6.3988
- Classon M, Dyson (2001). P107 and p130: versatile proteins with interesting pockets. Exp Cell Res, 264, 135-47. https://doi.org/10.1006/excr.2000.5135
- Classon M, Harlow E (2002). The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor in development and cancer. Nat Rev Cancer, 2, 910-7. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc950
- Claudio PP, Howard CM, Baldi A, et al (1994). p130/pRb2 has growth suppressive properties similar to yet distinctive from those of retinoblastoma family members pRb and p107. Cancer Res, 54, 5556-60.
- Claudio PP, Tonini T, Giordano A (2002). The retinoblastoma family: twins or distant cousins? Genome Biol, 3, 1-9.
- Cobrinik D (2005). Pocket proteins and cell cycle control. Oncogene, 24, 2796-809. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.onc.1208619
- Giacinti C, Giordano A (2006). Rb and cell cycle progression. Oncogene, 25, 5220-7. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.onc.1209615
- Knudsen ES, Knudsen KE (2008). Tailoring to RB: tumor suppressor status and therapeutics response. Nat Rev Cancer, 8, 714-24. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc2401
- Korenjak M, Brehm A (2005). E2F-Rb complexes regulating transcription of genes important for differentiation and development. Curr Opin Genet Dev, 15, 520-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gde.2005.07.001
- Lacy S, Whyte P (1997). Identification of a p130 domain mediating interactions with cyclin A/cdk 2 and cyclin E/ cdk 2 complexes. Oncogene, 14, 2395-406. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.onc.1201085
- Longworth MS, Dyson NJ (2010).pRb, a local chromatin organizer with global possibilities. Chromosoma, 119, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00412-009-0238-0
- Nguyen DX, Baglia LA, Huang SM, Baker CM, McCance DJ (2004). Acetylation Regulates the Differentiation-Specific Functions of the retinoblastoma protein. EMBO, 23, 1609-18. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.emboj.7600176
- Paggi MG, Giordano A (2001). Who is the boss in the retinoblastoma family? The point of view of Rb2/p130, the little brother. Cancer Res, 61, 4651-4.
- Garcinol, an Acetyltransferase Inhibitor, Suppresses Proliferation of Breast Cancer Cell Line MCF-7 Promoted by 17β-Estradiol vol.15, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.12.5001
- Clinical Efficacy and Prognostic Factors of Chemoreduction Combined with Topical Treatment for Advanced Intraocular Retinoblastoma vol.15, pp.18, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.18.7805
- Promoter Methylation Status Modulate the Expression of Tumor Suppressor (RbL2/p130) Gene in Breast Cancer vol.10, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0134687
- Nucleosomes positioning around transcriptional start site of tumor suppressor (Rbl2/p130) gene in breast cancer vol.45, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-018-4151-6