- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Restoration of Rotated and Discolored Maxillary Incisors with a Zirconia All-Ceramic System: A Case Report
지르코니아 완전도재 수복 방법을 사용한 회전되고 변색된 상악중절치의 수복
- Received : 2012.08.28
- Accepted : 2013.03.25
- Published : 2013.03.30
Recently, the demand for esthetic improvement by a treatment neither time consuming nor invasive is increasing. The patient wanted the maxillary anterior teeth appearance to be improved by prosthetic treatment, not other treatments such as orthodontic, periodontal, and endodontic treatments, despite the limit of esthetic improvement. In this case, among the recent variety of all ceramic systems for the aesthetic prosthetic restoration, we selected the zirconia-based system as a method of restoration in order to conceal the discoloration of teeth. The patient was satisfied with the esthetic results.
all ceramic crown;esthetics;discoloration;zirconia
- Kahng LS. Patient-dentist-technician communication within the dental team: Using a colored treatment plan wax-up. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2006;18(4): 185-93; discussion 194-5. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1708-8240.2006.00017.x
- Lawn BR, Pajares A,Zhang Y, et al. Materials design in the performance of all-ceramic crowns. Biomaterials 2004;25:2885?92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2003.09.050
- Polack MA. Restoration of maxillary incisors with a zirconia all-ceramic system: a case report. Quintessence Int. 2006;37:375-80.
- Komine F, Blatz MB, Matsumura H. Current status of zirconia-based fixed restorations. J Oral Sci. 2010;52(4):531-9. https://doi.org/10.2334/josnusd.52.531
- Fradeani M, Redemagni M. An 11-year clinical evaluation of leucite reinforced glass-ceramic crowns: a retrospective study. Quintessence Int 2002;33: 503-10.
- Jung RE, Sailer I, H?mmerle CH, Attin T, Schmidlin P. In vitro color changes of soft tissues caused by restorative materials. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2007;27:251-7.
- Spear F, Holloway J. Which all-ceramic system is optimal for anterior esthetics? J Am Dent Assoc. 2008 Sep;139 Suppl:19S-24S.
- Raigrodski AJ. Contemporary materials and technologies for all-ceramic fixed partial dentures: a review of the literature. J Prosthet Dent. 2004;92:557?62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2004.09.015
- Heffernan MJ, Aquilino SA, Diaz-Arnold AM, Haselton DR, Stanford CM, Vargas MA. Relative translucency of six all-ceramic systems. Part I: Core materials. J Prosthet Dent .2002;88:4-9.
- Chu FCS, Chow TW, Chai J. Contrast ratios and masking ability of three types of ceramic veneers. J Prosthet Dent 2007;98:359-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(07)60120-6