- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Analysis and Study of First Visit Outpatients in Oral Medicine
구강내과에 내원한 신환에 관한 분석 연구
- Ko, Myung-Yun (Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Heo, Jun-Young (Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Ok, Su-Min (Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Dept. of Oral Medicine, Pusan Paik Hospital, Inje University) ;
- Jeong, Sung-Hee (Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Ahn, Yong-Woo (Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University)
- 고명연 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학 교실) ;
- 허준영 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학 교실) ;
- 옥수민 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학 교실) ;
- 김경희 (인제대학교 부산백병원 구강내과학교실) ;
- 정성희 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학 교실) ;
- 안용우 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학 교실)
- Received : 2013.05.13
- Accepted : 2013.06.04
- Published : 2013.06.30
Oral Medicine includes temporomandibular disorder, orofacial pains such as neuropathic pain, soft tissue diseases, halitosis, laser treatment, snoring, sleep apnea and identification through forensic dentistry etc. Such diseases are relatively common and cause great inconvenience and pain to the patients, as well as incur fatal health scare at times. In terms of oral medicine, the number of orofacial patients is growing due to a change in the life style and an increased stress as time goes in contemporary society and the demand of areas requiring oral medical professionalism, such as soft tissue lesions, snoring and sleep apnea, forensic dentistry evaluation and others are rapidly ascending. Consequently, among the areas in dental science, the calls for the expertism in oral medicine and its role are mounting. Analyzing the distribution according to disease entity, symptoms, duration of disease, and the prehistory courses of new patients visiting the department of oral medicine in a year provides information of the role and the relative importance of oral medicine in prospect and enables effective diagnosis and treatments for the patients. Therefore, in the present study, by analyzing new patients visiting the oral medicine clinic in our dental hospital for a year and by evaluating the role and the professionalism in future oral medicine, the authors concluded the followings: 1. It was founded that new patients to oral medicine mainly had temporomandibular disorders, soft tissue diseases, and neuropathic pains. 2. The number of patients with temporomandibular disorder appeared to be the highest percentage and the order within this was the patients with combined disorders, muscle disorder, and internal derangement of joint disc. 3. The number of patients with xerostomia appeared to be the highest percentage within soft tissue disease, followed by lichen planus and recurrent apthous ulcers. 4. The number of patients with burning mouth syndrome appeared to be the highest percentage within neuropathic pain.
- Jackson JL, Kroenke K. The effect of unmet expectations among adults presenting with physical symptoms. Ann Intern Med 2001;134:889-897. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-134-9_Part_2-200105011-00013
- 이승우, 김주환, 김남규. 서울대학교치과대학 부속병원 에 내원한 환자에 대한 분석보고. 대한구강보건 학회지 1967;1(2):12-14.
- 이문선, 김종열. 연세대학교 치과대학 부속병원에 네원 한 신환에 대한 분석 연구. 대한구강내과학회지 1982;7 (1):71-76.
- 정태용, 유지원, 강진규, 안형준, 최종훈. 내원경로 분석 을 통한 전문 과목으로서의 구강내과의 역할 2005; 30(4):391-400.
- Manabu Kamisaka, Hirofumi Yatani, Yoshizo Matsuka, Hajime Minakunchi. Four-year longitudinal course of TMD symptoms in an adults population and the estimation of risk factors in relation to symptoms. Journal of Oral Pain 2000;14(3):224-231.
- Thuan TT Dao. Gender differences in pain. Journal of Orofacial Pain 2000;14:169-184.
- John P. Hatch, John D Rugh, Shiro Sakai et al. Is use of exogenous estrogen associated with temporomandibular signs and symptoms. JADA. 2001;132: 319-326.
- Berit schie Krogstad, Asbjorn Jokstad, Bjorn L Dahl, Olav Vassend. The reporting of pain, somatic complaint, and anxiety in a group of patients with TMD before and 2 years after treatment: sex differences. Journal of orofacial Pain 1996;10:263-269.
- 통계청. Korea Statistical Information System(KOSIS), 통계 DB검색. 장래인구추계. 2006.
- 홍성주, 강승우, 유지원, 윤창륙, 조영곤, 안종모. 고령환 자의 구강내과 진료실태. 대한구강내과학회지 2009;34 (2):133-141.
- 이동주, 김기석. 구강내과 내원환자에 관한 역학조사 - 충남지역에 대한-. 대한구강내과학회지 2006;31(1):101 -111.
- Femiano F. Statistical survey of afferent pathologies during a 5-year study in the oral pathology department at the second of university of Naples. Minerva Stomatol 2002;51:73-78
- 원정연, 김기석. 한국의 신경병성 동통 환자에 대한 역 학 조사. 대한구강내과학회지 2008;33(4):353-374.
- Merskey H, Bogduk N. Classification Of chronic pain, 2nd ed. Seattle, WA: International Association for the Study of Pain; 2004.
- 정성창, 김영구 외 공저. 구강안면동통과 측두하악장애. 제4판, 서울, 2012, 예낭아이엔씨, pp. 332-333.
- Scala A, Checchi L, Montevecchi M, Marini I, Giamberardino MA. Update on burning mouth syndrome: overview and patient management. Crit Rev Oral Biol Med. 2003;14(4):275-291. https://doi.org/10.1177/154411130301400405
- Lauria G, Majorana A, Borgna M et al. Trigeminal sensory small-fiber sensory neuropathy causes burning mouth syndrome. Pain 2005;115(3):332-337 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pain.2005.03.028
- 김선희. 일반인에 있어서 측두하악장애의 인지도 조사 에 대한 연구. 대한구강내과학회지 2000;25(4):371-382.