- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the Rolling Noise Model Using an Analysis of Wheel and Rail Vibration Characteristics
철도 차륜 및 레일 진동 특성 해석을 통한 전동 소음 모델 연구
- Jang, Seungho (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Ryue, Jungsoo (School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2013.01.25
- Accepted : 2013.04.18
- Published : 2013.06.30
Rolling noise is an important source of noise from railways; it is caused by wheel and rail vibrations induced by acoustic roughness at the wheel/rail contact. To reduce rolling noise, it is necessary to have a reliable prediction model that can be used to investigate the effects of various parameters related to the rolling noise. This paper deals with modeling rolling noise from wheel and rail vibrations. In this study, the track is modeled as a discretely supported beam by regarding concrete slab tracks, and the wheel vibration is simulated by using the finite element method. The vertical and lateral wheel/rail contact forces are modeled using the linearized Hertzian contact theory, and then the vibration responses of the wheel and rail are calculated to predict the radiated noise. To validate the proposed model, a field measurement was carried out for a test vehicle. It was found that the predicted result agrees well with the measured one, showing similar behavior in the frequency range between 200 and 4000 Hz where the rolling noise is prominent.
Grant : 400km/h 고속철도 소음원 모델 구축 및 소음원 기여도 분석기술 개발
Supported by : 국토해양부
- D.J. Thompson (2009) Railway Noise and Vibration: Mechanisms, Modelling and Means of Control, Elsevier Ltd., Oxford, UK, pp. 11-20.
- P.J. Remington (1987) Wheel/rail rolling noise, I: theoretical analysis, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 81, pp. 1805-1823. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.394746
- D.J. Thompson (1993) Wheel/rail noise generation, part I: introduction and interaction model, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 161, pp. 387-400. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1993.1082
- D.J. Thompson (1993) Wheel/rail noise generation, part IV: contact zone and results, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 161, pp. 447-466. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1993.1085
- J. Ryue, S. Jang (2012) Comparison of track vibration characteristics for domestic railway tracks in the aspect of rolling noise, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 16(2), pp. 85-92.
- J.J. Kalker (1990) Three dimensional elastic bodies in rolling contact, Kuwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht. pp. 287-289.
- D.J. Thompson (1993) Wheel-rail noise generation, part V: inclusion of wheel rotation, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 161, pp. 467-482. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1993.1086
- EN 15610 (2009) Railway applications - Noise emission - Rail roughness measurement related to rolling noise generation.
- ISO 3095 (2005) Railway applications - Acoustics - Measurements of noise emitted by railbound vehicles.
- Commission of the European Communities (2008) Technical specification for interoperability relating to the rolling stock sub-system of the trans-European high-speed rail system, Official Journal of the European Union (2008/232/CE).
- ISO 9613-2 (1996) Acoustics - Attenuation of sound during propagation outdoors - part 2: general method of calculation.
- B. Plovsing, J. Kragh (2006) Nord2000, Comprehensive outdoor sound propagation model. Part 1: propagation in an atmosphere without significant refraction, DELTA Acoustics & Vibration Report AV 1849/00, revised version.
- Characteristics of Rolling Noise Sources of Tram Resilient Wheels and Track vol.18, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.3.212
- Full-spectrum noise prediction of the high-speed train head under multi-physics coupling excitations based on statistical energy analysis vol.19, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.21595/jve.2016.16878
- Study on the Noise Source Modeling and the Source Strength Estimation of Mugungwha Trains Running on the Conventional Railway vol.23, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.23.11.1020
- Numerical Analysis of Rail Noise Regarding Surface Impedance of Ground by Using Wavenumber Domain Finite and Boundary Elements vol.18, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.4.289
- Analysis of the Polymer Properties and Sound Characteristics of Interlayer Films for Laminated Glass vol.19, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.1.1
- Contribution analysis of interior noise and floor vibration in high-speed trains by operational transfer path analysis vol.9, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/1687814017714986
- Characteristics of Vibration and Sound Radiated from Rails of Concrete Slab Tracks for Domestic High Speed Trains vol.23, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.23.7.605
- Prediction of the Environmental Noise Level of Railway Cars Crossing a Concrete Bridge vol.34, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7776/ASK.2015.34.1.052
- Theoretical Analysis on the Array Microphone Measurement for Noise from Rails vol.33, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7776/ASK.2014.33.4.238