- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Reliability Centered Rolling Stock Maintenance Methods
철도차량 신뢰성기반유지보수 방안 연구
- Yu, Yang-Ha (Human Resource Development Institute of Korea Railroad Corporation) ;
- Lee, Nak-Young (Department of Information & Statistics, Chung-Nam National University)
- Received : 2013.04.26
- Accepted : 2013.06.06
- Published : 2013.06.30
The purpose of maintaining rolling stock is to perform train service without failure during operation. It is not possible to prevent failure, however, by using periodic preventive maintenance methods, because new rolling stock is made from many electric components and requires the application of IT skills. RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety) methods have consequently been applied to new manufactured rolling stock in KORAIL since implementation of the KTX. With this approach it is possible to verify the reliability at the operating stage, and RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) methods for maintenance have been applied to manufactured rolling stock since the beginning of KTX service. A RCRM (Reliability Centered Rolling-stocks Maintenance) system suitable for the characteristics of rolling stock and operational factors is introduced in this paper.
- KORAIL, Rolling stocks maintenance rule Article 14, Section 1.
- Timothy M. Allen, 'U.S. Navy Analysis of Submarine Maintenance Data and the Development of Age and Reliability Profiles', Department of the Navy SUBMEPP.
- IEC 60300-3-11, Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- John Moubray (1997) 'Reliability-centered Maintenance, Industrial Press Inc. pp.12-13.
- Y.-S. Lee, K.-S. Kweon (2009) Hi-bride TPM, KSA.
- KORAIL, rolling stocks maintenance guidelines 2011-024 ho, Article 3, Section 2.
- KORAIL (2010) A Study on Maintenance System Change in the Device on Vehicle-based, KORAIL R&D Institute.
- Y.H. Yu (2005) A Study for the KTX reliability by MKBSF calculation, Seoul National University of Science and Technology.
- KORAIL (2009) A Study on potential life cycle & TBO of KTX major parts, KORAIL R&D Institute.
- S. Yeon (2011) A Study on Reduction of Military Maintenance Steps and Improvement of planed Preventive Maintenance System using the SD Model, Ph.D, Chungnam National University, pp. 51.
- J.-W. Kim, K.-W. Jeong, J.-S. Park (2010) A Life Cycle Cost Model and Procedure for the Acquisition of ROLLING Stocks, ISSN 1738-6225, 13(3) pp. 257-263.
- KORAIL, 2008-2010 ERP system (KOVIS) Data.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Rail Safety Law/ Decree/ Enforce Rules.
- J.-G. Kim et al. (2010) A Study on the Effective RCM Application of Railway Vehicle, Korea Safety Management and Science Semiannual, pp. 573-585.
- S.-K. Sin (2006) A Study on the development of SRCM for the railway system application, Ph.D, Kwangwoon University.
- G.-H. Kang (2009) Maintenance theory of high speed railway car, ROTECO, pp. 313.
- Evaluation of Optimal Time Between Overhaul Period of the First Driving Devices for High-Speed Railway Vehicle vol.16, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8700
- Development and Application of RCM Process for the Optimized Maintenance of Railway Vehicle vol.24, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2015.24.1.010
- A Study for Reliability Improvement of Passenger Service Equipment using Failure Analysis vol.19, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.5.609