- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimal Sampling Method of Censored Data for Optimizing Preventive Maintenance
예방정비 최적화를 위한 중도절단 자료의 최적 샘플링 방안
- Lee, In-Hyun (Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Oh, Sea-Hwa (Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Li, Chang-Long (Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Yang, Dong-In (Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Key-Seo (Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Kwangwoon University)
- Received : 2013.02.20
- Accepted : 2013.05.07
- Published : 2013.06.30
As there is no failure data for the entire lifecycle of a product, when analyzing reliability measures based on early failure data only, there may be a significant error between the estimated mean life and the real one, because it can be underestimated, or on the other hand, it can be overestimated when analyzing reliability measures based on a large amount of censored data with the failure data. To resolve the issue, this study proposes an optimal sampling estimation procedure that selects the proportion of censored data to estimate the optimal distribution with the idea that the estimated distribution could be approximated as closely as the real life distribution. This would work if we sampled the optimal proportion on the censored data, because failure data has real intrinsic distribution in any situation. We validate the proposed procedure using an actual example. If the proposed method is applied to the maintenance policy of TWC (Train to Wayside Communication) system, then we can establish the optimal maintenance policy. Thus, we expect that it will be effective for improvement of reliability and cost savings.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- NAVSEA (2007) Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) Handbook, Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington D.C., USA, pp. 1-1.
- Hoang Pham (2003) Handbook of Reliability Engineering, Springer-Verlag London Limited, New York, USA, pp. 480-483.
- Robert B. Abernethy (1998) The New Weibull Handbook, Robert B. Abernethy, Florida, USA, pp. 2-8.
- ReliaSoft (2012) Reliability synthesis elements, ReliaSoft Corp., Arizona, USA, pp. 57-66.
- IAEA (2007) Application of Reliability Centred Maintenance to Optimize Operation and Maintenance in Nuclear Power Plants, IAEA, Vienna, Austria, pp. 5-18.
- Smith Anthony (2004) RCM-Gateway to World Class Maintenance, Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, Massachusetts, USA, pp. 19-37.
- E.L. Kaplan, Paul Meier (1958) Nonparametric Estimation from Incomplete Observations, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 53, pp. 457-481. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1958.10501452
- L.M. Leemis (1995) Reliability, Probabilistic Models and Statistical Methods, Prentice-Hall International, Inc., London, UK, pp. 78-94.
- I.H. Lee, D.H. Kim, M.H. Kim, J.W. Seo, et al. (2011) A Study on the Existing State of Preventive Maintenance and the Improvement Measures for a Point Machine, Proceedings of The Korean Society for Railway Spring Conference, Gangwondo, Korea, pp. 1174-1181.
- B.O. Lim, D.G. Yoon (2005) A Study on the Application of RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) to KTX (Korea Train eXpress), Journal of The Korean Society for Railway, 8(5), pp. 470-476.