- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Simplified Collision Analysis Method for Submerged Floating Railway Using the Theory of a Beam with an Elastic Foundation
탄성지지 보이론을 이용한 해중철도 간이 충돌해석법
- Seo, Sung-Il (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jin Sung (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.12.20
- Accepted : 2013.04.24
- Published : 2013.06.30
A submerged floating railway is an innovative tunnel infrastructure passing through the deep sea independent of wave and wind so that high speed trains can run on it. It doesn't depend on water depth and is cost effective due to modular construction on land. The construction period can be reduced drastically. This paper introduces the concept design of a submerged floating railway, and for securing safety, proposes a method to analyze the structural behavior of the body in case of collision with a submarine. The theory of a beam with an elastic foundation was used to calculate the equivalent mass of the body so that the perfect elastic collision could be applied to calculate the collision velocity. The maximum deformation and bending moment was analyzed based on energy conservation. To verify the results, a collision analysis using a finite element analysis code was made. Comparing the results confirmed that this simplified collision analysis method gives enough accurate deformation and bending moment to be used for actual estimation in the initial design stage.
- S.I. Seo (2012) Submerged floating railway connecting continentals, Proceedings of International Seminar, KRRI, 1-27.
- S.J. Lee, S.C. Yoon, S.H. Lee (2007) Design and construction of immersed tunnel connecting Busan to Geoje, Technical Review of Yooshin, 13, 242-263.
- H. Ostlid (2010) When is SFT competitive, Procedia Engineering, 4, 3-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2010.08.003
- Y. Hong, F. Ge (2010) Dynamic response and structural integrity of submerged floating tunnel due to hydrodynamic load and accidental load, Procedia Engineering, 4, 35-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2010.08.006
- S. Zhang, L. Wang, Y. Hong (2010) Vibration behavior and response to an accidental collision of SFT prototype in Qiandao Lake(China), Procedia Engineering, 4, 189-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2010.08.022
- A.C. Ugural, S.K. Fenster (1977) Advanced strength and applied elasticity, Elsevier, New York, 283-300.
- Livermore Software Technology Corporation (2003) LS-DYNA User's Manual.
- M. Kawakami, et-al (1984) Guide to ship vibration, Nippon Kaiji Kyoka, Tokyo, 9-14.
- Simplified Shock Response Analysis for Submerged Floating Railway against Underwater Explosion vol.17, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.2.100
- Challenge in Design and Construction of Submerged Floating Tunnel and State-of-art vol.166, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2016.11.562
- Collision Analysis of Submerged Floating Tunnel by Underwater Navigating Vessel vol.27, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.5.369
- Dynamic Behavior of Submerged Floating Tunnel by Underwater Explosion vol.31, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2018.31.5.215