- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Applying a Transition Track System to Improve Track Serviceability in Railway Bridge Deck Ends
철도교량 단부 궤도의 사용성 향상을 위한 횡단궤도시스템 적용에 관한 실험적 연구
- Lim, Jongil (Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Song, Sunok (Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Choi, Jungyoul (Dept. of Track and Railway Operations, Technische Universitat Berlin (TU-Berlin)) ;
- Park, Yonggul (Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2013.03.18
- Accepted : 2013.05.24
- Published : 2013.06.30
The components of concrete track (rail and rail fastening system) in railway bridge deck ends are damaged and deteriorated by track-bridge interaction forces such as uplift forces and compression forces owing to their structural flexural characteristics (bridge end rotation). This had led to demand for alternatives to improve structural safety and serviceability. In this study, the authors aim to develop a transition track to enhance the long term workability and durability of concrete track components in railway bridge deck ends and thereby improve the performance of concrete track. A time-history analysis and a three-dimensional finite element method analysis were performed to consider the train speed and the effect of multiple train loads and the results were compared with the performance requirements and German standard for transition track. Furthermore, two specimens, a normal concrete track and a transition track, were fabricated to evaluate the effects of application of the developed transition track, and static tests were conducted. From the results, the track-bridge interaction force acting on the track components (rail displacement, rail stress, and clip stress) of the railway bridge deck end were significantly reduced with use of the developed transition track compared with the non-transition track specimen.
Grant : 콘크리트궤도가 부설된 철도교량상 장대 레일 축력저감 및 단부 사용성 확보를 위한 한국형 횡단궤도시스템 개발
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- D.B. Deutsche Bahn, A.G. Netz (2008) Bridge deck Ends, Check for serviceability limit state of superstructure, DS804 - Appendix 29(German language).
- D.B. Deutsche Bahn, A.G. Netz (2003) Richtlinie 804.5202 (German language).
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2008) Research for improvement of concrete track interface performance.
- Rudolf Seidel (2000) Feste Fahrbahn auf groBen Stahluberbauten der NBS Hannover-Berlin, EI-Eisenbahningenieur (51), pp. 23-29 (German language).
- D.B. Deutsche Bahn, A.G. Netz (1995) Anforderungskatalog zum Bau der Fahrbahn, 3. Uberarbeitete Auflage, Stand, Catalogues for construction of slab track (German language).
- Edgar Darr, Werner Fiebig (2006) Feste Fahrbahn, Konstruktion und Bauarten fur Eisenbahn und StraBenbahn, ISBN 3-8266-1485-2, Eurail press (German language).
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2011) Railway design Standard (Track part).
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2011) Railway design Standard (Roadbed part).
- J.Y. Choi, S.C. Yang, (2008) The Displacement Limit at the End of an Approach Slab for a Railway Bridge with Ballastless Track, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(2), pp. 195-202.
- H.K. Park, S.Y. Jang, S.C. Yang, Y.G. Park (2009) A Parametric Study on the Serviceability of Concrete Slab Track on Railway Bridge, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(1), pp. 95-103.
- R.K. Min, D.Y. Sung, Y.G. Park (2012) Analysis of Dynamic Behavior of Railway Bridge with Concrete Track, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(2), pp. 147-153. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.2.147
- D.S. Chun, J.Y. Choi, H.Y. An, Y.G. Park (2008) Behavior of Fastening system of HSR bridge ends deck on slab Track installed Bridge, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway Autumn Conference, Kwang-ju, Republic of Korea, pp. 1624-1633.
- K.W. Lee (2013) Applying transition track system to improve track performance in a railway bridge deck ends, Master's Thesis, Seoul National University of Science & Technology.
- International Union of Railway (UIC) Track Bridge Interaction.
- International Union of Railway (UIC) Code776-3, Deformation of Bridge.
- Eurocode (2003) Actions on Structure, Part 2, Traffic load on bridge, EN 1991-2.
- Eurocode (2005) Basis of Structural Design, EN 1990:2001+A1.
- International Union of Railway (UIC), (2008) Recommendations for Design & Calculation of ballastless track, ISBN2-7461-1397-X.
- Evaluation of the Structural Behavior Characteristics and Long Term Durability for Transition Track Systems in Railway Bridge Deck Ends vol.17, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.4.260