- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Economic Feasibility of a Monorail on Mt. Bomun on Daejeon
신교통수단 모노레일의 관광지 도입에 대한 경제적 타당성 분석 -보문산 일대를 중심으로-
- Kim, Myungsoo (Department of Urban Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- Received : 2013.01.14
- Accepted : 2013.04.15
- Published : 2013.06.30
Recently, CO2 reduction policies are being promoted as parts of ESSD(Environmentally Sound and Sustainable Development), and many local governments are interested in monorails as a new means of transport. Here we report on a feasibility study for introducing a monorail system by considering the travel demands in the Mt. Bomun area in Daejeon, based on the area's population. The feasibility of a monorail system on Mt.Bomun varies with respect to the demographic scale, mode shares, and operational distances. The strategies introduced here will help identify any tourist spots where local governments are trying to introduce monorail systems as a new system of transit.
- M.S. Kim, et al (2003) A study on the introduction of new public transportation by considering characteristics of traffic, Hanbat University collection of dissertation.
- S.M. Choi (2012) A study on feasibility of adopted monorail using AHP, Master's Thesis, Hanbat University.
- J.W. Oh, S.H. Oh (2007) A Study on the vitalization of monorail, Journal of the Korean Speleogical Society, 81, pp. 55-74.
- Y.O. Kim (2007) A Study on Monorail Station as a New City Infra-Based on the Yoido KBS Station planning, Master's thesis, Kyunghee University.
- K.S. Kim (2010) Visit a New Transportation System of JAPAN(TOKYO Monorail), Railway Journal, 13(6), pp. 68-69.
- S.J. Yun (2010) A Study on the Evaluation of Structural Integrity and Design for Bogie Frame of a Monorail Car, Master's Thesis, Hanbat University.
- J.H. Sin (2005) The optimal mass system for new cities, Master's Thesis, Seoul National University of Science & Technology.
- J.H. Eom (2007) A study on analysis of economical efficiency for private infrastructure investment project, Master's Thesis, Hongik University.
- Akira Nehashi (1998) New urban transit systems reconsidered- a better transport environment for the next century, Japan Railway & Transport Review, 16, pp. 4-14.
- Vukan R. Vuchic (2002) Bus semirapid Transi3t mode development and evaluation, Journal of Public Transportation, 5(2), pp. 71-95. https://doi.org/10.5038/2375-0901.5.2.4
- KISTEP (2005) Preliminary feasibility study for urban magnetic levitation train program.
- KRRI (2008) Domestic urban applicability of bimodal TRAM system on economics.
- D.G. Kim (2008) Cost and benefit analysis, pybook, Korea, pp. 81-83.