- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Shape Optimization of Inlet Part of a PCHE
인쇄형 열교환기 입구부의 최적설계
- Received : 2012.10.23
- Accepted : 2013.02.23
- Published : 2013.04.01
Inlet part of a printed circuit heat exchanger has been optimized by using three-dimensional Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes analysis and surrogate modeling techniques. Kriging model has been used as the surrogate model. The objective function for the optimization has been defined as a linear combination of uniformity of mass flow rate and the pressure loss with a weighting factor. For the optimization, the angle of the inlet plenum wall, radius of curvature of the inlet plenum wall, and width of the inlet pipes have been selected as design variables. Twenty six design points are obtained by Latin Hypercube Sampling in design space. Through the optimization, considerable improvement in the objective function has been obtained in comparison with the reference design of PCHE.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Dewson, S. J. and Grady, C., October 2nd, 2003, HEATRIC Workshop at MIT. Cambridge, MA, U.S.A..
Ishizuka, T., Kato, Y., Muto, Y., Nikitin, K., Tri, N. L., Hashimoto, H., 2005, "Thermal-Hydraulic Characteristics of a Printed Circuit Heat Exchanger in a Supercritical
$CO_2$Loop," The 11th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics, Avignon, France paper 218.
Nikitin, K., Kato, Y., Ngo, L., 2006, "Printed Circuit Heat Exchanger Thermal-Hydraulic Performance in Supercritical
$CO_2$Loop," International Journal of Refrigeration, Vol. 29, pp. 807-814 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2005.11.005
- Kim, D. E., Kim, M. H., Cha, J. E., Kim, S.O., 2008, "Numerical Investigation on Thermal-Hydraulic Performance of New Printed Circuit Heat Exchanger Model," Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 238, pp. 3269-3276. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2008.08.002
- Ngo, L., Kato, Y., Nikitin, K., Tsuzuki, N., 2006, "New Printed Circuit Heat Exchanger with S-shaped Fins for Hot water Supplier," Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 30, No. 8, pp. 811-819. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2006.03.010
- Pra, F., Tochon, P., Mauget, C., Fokkens, J., Willemsen, S., 2008, "Promising designs of compact heat exchangers for modular HTRs using the Brayton cycle," Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 238, pp. 3160-3173. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2007.12.024
- Kim, I. H., No, H. C., Lee, J. I., Jeon, B. G., 2010, "Thermal-hydraulic Behavior in a Deteriorated Turbulent Heat Transfer for a Gas-Cooled Reactor," Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 240, pp. 783-795. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2009.11.004
- Oh, C. H., Kim, E. S., Sherman, S., Kim, J. H., No, H. C., 2008, "Application of Gamma Code Coupled with Turbomachinery Models for High Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactors," The 12th International Symposium on Transport Phenomena and Dynamics of Rotating Machinery(ISROMAC12), ISROMAC12-2008-20224.
- Lee, S. M., Kim, K. Y., 2011, "A Parametric Study on Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer in a Printed Circuit Heat Exchanger," Proceedings of the ASME/JSME 2011 8th Thermal Engineering Joint Conference(AJTEC2011), AJTEC2011-44629
- Southall, D., Le Pierres, R., Dewson, S. J., 2008, "Design considerations for compact heat exchangers," Proceedings of ICAPP '08, Anaheim, CA, USA, Paper No. 8009.
- Sacks, J. W., Welch, J., Mitchell, T. J. and Wynn, H. P., 1989, "Design and analysis of computer experiments," Statistical Sci., Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 409-435. https://doi.org/10.1214/ss/1177012413
- Mckay, M. D., Beckman, R. J. and Conover, W. J., 1979, "A Comparison of Three Methods for Selecting Values of Input Variables in the Analysis of Output from a Computer Code," Technometrics, Vol. 21, pp. 239-245.
- CFX-11.0 Solver Theory, Ansys inc., 2008.
- Menter FR., 1994, "Two-Equation Eddy-Viscosity Turbulence Models for Engineering Applications." AIAA Journal, Vol. 32, pp. 1598-1605. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.12149
- Bardina, J. E., Huang, P. G., Coakley, T., 1997, "Turbulence Modeling Validation," 28th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference, Snow Village, CO, USA, AIAA paper pp. 1997-2121.
- Lee, S. M., Koo, G. W., Kim, K. Y., 2012, "Parametric study on hydraulic performance of an inlet plenum in a printed-circuit heat exchanger," 5th International Symposium on Fluid Machinery and Fluids Engineering (ISFMFE 2012), 32-3.
- vol.17, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5293/kfma.2014.17.2.077