- Volume 48 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
New Engineering Techniques for Carbon Master Batch
탄소 마스터배치를 위한 새로운 엔지니어링 기술
- Pyo, Sang-Gil (R&D Team, R&D Center, HWASEUNG R&A) ;
- Kang, Chang-Gi (R&D Team, R&D Center, HWASEUNG R&A) ;
- Kim, Ki-Seok (Department of Chemistry, Inha University) ;
- Park, Soo-Jin (Department of Chemistry, Inha University)
- Received : 2013.01.02
- Accepted : 2013.04.03
- Published : 2013.06.30
In this work, we have discussed new engineering systems for preparing carbon master batch composed by carbon black and various organic compounds. In general, polymer resin, which applied for automobile tire, household items, and various industry items, is used with the fillers including carbon black and silica to control the color or properties. Domestic part and material industry has been remarkably developed in that the development of materials including the compounding of raw materials. Meanwhile, the engineering technique for mass production has not reached to a requirement of industry due to slow technique development and high dependence on foreign. Thus, we will focus on the introduction of new engineering technique developed by domestic company for preparing carbon master batch.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- M. Mohsen, M. H. Abd-El Salam, A. Ashry, A. Ismail, H. Ismail, "Positron Annihilation Spectroscopy in Carbon Black-silica-styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Composites under Deformation", Polym. Degrad. Stab., 87, 381 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2004.01.004
- W. Y. Kim, D. S. Lee, G. C. Yug, "Properties of Vulcanizing Rubbers Filled with Carbon Black", The Korean J. Rheology, 2, 1 (1990).
- E. M. Dannenberg, "The Effects Of Surface Chemical Interactions on the Properties of Filler-reinforced Rubbers" , Rubber Chem. Tech., 48, 410 (1975). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3547460
- S. S. Choi, "Influence of Filler Composition Ratio on Properties of Both Silica and Carbon Black-filled Styrene-butadiene Rubber Compounds", Elastomer, 36, 37 (2001).
- S. J. Park, J. S. Kim, K. E. Choi, "Filler-elastomer Interactions: 4. Effect of Plasma Treatment on Surface Properties of Carbon Blacks", Elastomer, 36, 94 (2001).
- J. N. Israelachvili, "Intermolecular and Surface Forces" , Academic Press, San Diego, 1992.
- A. I. Medalla, "Carbon Black-polymer Composites", Marcel Dekker, New York, 1984.
- J. B. Donnet, A. Voet, "Carbon black", Marcel Dekker, New York, 1976.
- J. L. White, "Rubber processing", Hanser, Munich, 1995.
- S. J. Park, J. S. Kim, "Role of Chemically Modified Carbon Black Surfaces in Enhancing Interfacial Adhesion between Carbon Black and Rubber in a Composite System", J. Colloid Interface Sci., 232, 311 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1006/jcis.2000.7160
- M. A. Mabry, F. H. Rumpf, J. Z. Podobnik, S. A. Westveer, A. C. Morgan, B. Chung, M. J. Andrew, USP 6,048,923.
- M. J. Wang, T. Wang, Y. L. Wong, J. Shell, K. Mahmud, "NR/carbon black Masterbatch Produced with Continuous Liquid Phase Mixing", Elastomers and Plastics, 55, 388 (2002).
- K. Prashantha, J. Soulestin, M. F. Lacrampe, P. Krawczak, G. Dupin, M. Claes, "Masterbatch-based Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube Filled Polypropylene Nanocomposites: Assessment of Rheological and Mechanical Properties", Compos. Sci. Technol., 69, 1756 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2008.10.005
- O. Meincke, D. Kaempfer, H. Weickmann, C. Friedrich, M. Vathauer, H. Warth, "Mechanical Properties and Electrical Conductivity of Carbon-nanotube Filled Polyamide-6 and its Blends with Acrylonitrile/butadiene/styrene", Polymer, 45, 739 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2003.12.013
- K. Prashantha, J. Soulestin, M.F. Lacrampe, M. Claes, G. Dupin, P. Krawczak, "Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube Filled Polypropylene Nanocomposites based on Masterbatch Route: Improvement of Dispersion and Mechanical Properties through PP-g-MA Addition", eXPRESS Polym. Lett., .2, 735 (2008). https://doi.org/10.3144/expresspolymlett.2008.87