- Volume 48 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Chemorheological Behavior of Cyanate Ester Resin and Properties of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites
시아네이트 에스터 수지의 화학유변학적 거동 및 탄소섬유강화 고분자 복합재료의 물성
- Na, Hyo Yeol (Department of Polymer Engineering, The University of Suwon) ;
- Yoon, Byung Chul (Muhan Composite Co. LTD.) ;
- Kim, Seung Hwan (Kemidas Technologies INC., Business Incubation Center, The University of Suwon) ;
- Lee, Seong Jae (Department of Polymer Engineering, The University of Suwon)
- Received : 2013.01.09
- Accepted : 2013.02.28
- Published : 2013.06.30
Carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) composites consist of carbon fibers in a polymer matrix. Recently, CFRP composites having high thermal stability and low outgassing are finding their use in high performance materials for aerospace and electronics applications under high temperature and high vacuum conditions. Cyanate ester resin is one of the most suitable matrix resins for this purpose. In this study, proper combination of cyanate ester and catalyst, curing behavior, and cure cycle were determined by chemorheology. Optimum condition was found to be catalyst content of 100 ppm and curing temperature of
Supported by : 중소기업청
- P. Ren, G. Liang, and Z. Zhang, "Epoxy-modified cyanate ester resin and its high modulus carbon-fiber composites" , Polym. Compos., 27, 402 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.20207
- J. K. Kim, C. Hu, R. S. C. Woo, and M. L. Sham, "Moisture barrier characteristics of organoclay-epoxy nanocomposites" , Compos. Sci. Tech., 65, 805 (2004).
- B. C. Ray, "Temperature effect during humid ageing on interfaces of glass and carbon fibers reinforced epoxy composites," J. Colloid Interface Sci., 298, 111 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2005.12.023
- S. Ganguli, D. Dean, K. Jordan, G. Price, and R. Vaia, "Mechanical properties of intercalated cyanate ester-layered silicate nanocomposites", Polymer, 44, 1315 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(02)00709-7
- S. L. Simon and J. K. Gillham, "Cure kinetics of a thermosetting liquid dicyanate ester monomer/high-Tg polycyanurate material", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 47, 461 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1993.070470308
- A. J. Kinloch and A. C. Taylor, "The toughening of cyanate ester polymers, Part I. Physical modification using particles, fibres and woven-mats", J. Mater. Sci., 37, 433 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013735103120
- K. Liang, G. Li, H. Toghiani, J. H. Koo, and C. U. Pittman, "Cyanate ester/polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS) nanocomposites: synthesis and characterization", Chem. Mater., 18, 301 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1021/cm051582s
- B. J. Frame, "Characterization and process development of cyanate ester resin composites", 44th International SAMPE Symposium, 2081 (1999).
- W. K. Goertzen and M. R. Kessler, "Thermal and mechanical evaluation of cyanate ester composites with low-temperature processability", Composites: Part A., 38, 779 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2006.09.005
P. Badrinarayanan, M. K. Rogalski, and M. R. Kessler, "Carbon fiber-reinforced cyanate ester/nano-
$ZrW_2O_8$composites with tailored thermal expansion", Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 4, 510 (2011).
- F. Abali, K. Shivakumar, N. Hamidi, and R. Sadler, "An RTM densification method of manufacturing carbon-carbon composites using Primaset PT-30 resin", Carbon, 41, 893 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(02)00434-7
- K. Shivakumar, H. Chen, and G. Holloway, "Gas turbine environment effect on morphology and mechanical properties of pultruded composite", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 108, 189 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.27551
- T. G. Mezger, "The Rheology Handbook", 2nd ed., p. 161, Vincentz, Hannover, 2009.
- C. Michon, G. Cuvelier, and B. Launay, "Concentration dependence of the critical viscoelastic properties of gelatin at the gel point", Rheol. Acta, 32, 94 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00396681
- W. D. Callister and D. G. Rethwisch, "Fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering", 4th ed., p. 660, Wiley, Singapore, 2013.
- M. R. Kessler, "Cyanate Ester Resins" in Encyclopedia of Composites, ed. by L. Nicolais, A. Borzacchiello, and S. M. Lee, 2nd ed., p. 658, Wiley, New Jersey, 2012.
- Prediction of Mechanical Property of Glass Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate and Evaluation of Warpage through Injection Molding vol.38, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2014.38.6.708