- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Calculation of Distributed Magnetic Flux Density under the Stator-Turn Fault Condition
- Kim, Kyung-Tae (Dept. of Electrical Eng., Ulsan University) ;
- Hur, Jin (Dept. of Electrical Eng., Ulsan University) ;
- Kim, Byeong-Woo (Dept. of Electrical Eng., Ulsan University)
- Received : 2013.01.29
- Published : 2013.07.20
This paper proposed an analytical model for the distributed magnetic field analysis of interior permanent magnet-type blush-less direct current motors under the stator-turn fault condition using the winding function theory. Stator-turn faults cause significant changes in electric and magnetic characteristic. Therefore, many studies on stator-turn faults have been performed by simulation of the finite element method because of its non-linear characteristic. However, this is difficult to apply to on-line fault detection systems because the processing time of the finite element method is very long. Fault-tolerant control systems require diagnostic methods that have simple processing systems and can produce accurate information. Thus analytical modeling of a stator-turn fault has been performed using the winding function theory, and the distributed magnetic characteristics have been analyzed under the fault condition. The proposed analytical model was verified using the finite element method.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP), NIPA (National IT Industry Promotion Agency)
- J. Hur, "Characteristic analysis of interior permanent magnet synchronous motor in electro-hydraulic power steering system," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 2316-2322, Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.918402
- Y. K. Lee and T. G. Habetler, "A phase variable simulation model for interior PM synchronous motor drives with stator turn fault," EPE-PEMC'06. 12th IEEE, pp. 1074-1079, 2006.
- T. Kim, H.-W. Lee, and S. Kwak, "The internal fault analysis of brushless DC motors based on the winding function theory," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 2090-2096, May 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2013246
- J. A. Farooq, A. Djerdir, and A. Miraoui, "Modelling and simulation of stator winding inter-turn faults in permanent magnet synchronous motors," COMPEL: The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Eng. , Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 887-896, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/03321640810878306
- O. A. Mohammed, S. Liu, and Z. Liu, "FE-based physical phase variable model of PM synchronous machines under stator winding short circuit faults," IET Sci. Meas. Technol., Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 12-16, Jan. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-smt:20060030
- O. A. Mohammed, Z. Liu, S. Liu, and N. Y. Abed, "Internal short circuit fault diagnosis for PM machines using FE-based phase variable model and wavelets analysis," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 1729-1732, Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.892301
- B. Vaseghi, N. Takorabet, and F. Meibody-Tabar, "Fault analysis and parameter identification of permanent-magnet motors by the finite-element method," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 45, No. 9, pp. 3290-3295, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2022156
- L. Romeral, J. C. Urresty, J. R. Riba Ruiz, and A. Garcia Espinosa, "Modeling of surface-mounted permanent magnet synchronous motors with stator winding inter-turn faults," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, No. 5, pp. 1576-1585, May 2011.
- T. Lubin, T. Hamiti, H. Razik, and A. Rezzoug, "Compairson between finite-element analysis and widing function theory for inductances and torque calculation of a synchronous reluctance machine," IEEE Trans Mag., Vol. 43, No. 8, pp. 3406-3410, Aug. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.900404
- Q. Wu and S. Nandi, "Fast single-turn sensitive stator inter-turn fault detection of induction machines based on positive and negative sequence third harmonic components of line currents," Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, 2008. IAS '08. IEEE, pp. 1-8, 2008.
- Early Detection Technique for Stator Winding Inter-Turn Fault in BLDC Motor Using Input Impedance vol.51, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2014.2330067
- Finite-Element Analysis of the Demagnetization of IPM-Type BLDC Motor With Stator Turn Fault vol.50, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2283498