- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Novel Wavelet-Fuzzy Based Indirect Field Oriented Control of Induction Motor Drives
- Febin Daya, J.L. (School of Electrical Eng., VIT University-Chennai Campus) ;
- Subbiah, V. (Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Eng., P.S.G College of Technology) ;
- Atif, Iqbal (Dept. of Electrical Eng., Qatar University) ;
- Sanjeevikumar, Padmanaban (School of Electrical Eng., VIT University-Chennai Campus)
- Received : 2012.11.23
- Published : 2013.07.20
This paper presents a wavelet-fuzzy based controller for indirect field oriented control of three-phase induction motor drives. The discrete wavelet transform is used to decompose the error between the actual speed and the command speed of the induction motor drive into different frequency components. The transformed error coefficients along with the scaling gains are used for generating the control component of the motor. Self-tuning fuzzy logic is used for online tuning of the scaling gains of the controller. The proposed controller has the ability to meet the speed tracking requirements in the closed loop system. The complete indirect field oriented control scheme incorporating the proposed wavelet-fuzzy based controller is investigated theoretically and simulated under various dynamic operating conditions. The simulation results are compared with a conventional proportional integral controller and a fuzzy based controller. The speed control scheme incorporating the proposed controller is implemented in real time using a digital processor control board. Simulation and experimental results validate the effectiveness of the proposed controller.
- R. J. Wai, "Development of new training algorithms for neuro-wavelet systems on the robust control of induction servo motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 1323-1341, Dec. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2002.804986
- R. J. Wai and J. M. Chang, "Wavelet neural network control for induction motor drive using sliding mode design technique," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 733-748, Aug. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.814867
- F. J. Lin, P. H. Shen, and Y. S. Kung, "Adaptive wavelet neural network control for linear synchronous motor servo drive," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 40, No. 12, pp. 4401-4412, Dec. 2005.
- R. J. Wai and J. M. Chang, "Intelligent control of induction servo motor drive via wavelet neural network," Electr. Power Syst. Research, Vol.61, No 1, pp. 67-76, Feb. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7796(01)00190-0
- K. Shanlin and K. Yuzhe, "Optimization design of wavelet network for estimation of flux and torque in induction motor control," in Proceeding of ICEMI, pp. 430-433, 2007.
- M. A. S. K. Khan and M. A. Rahman, "Implementation of a new wavelet controller for interior permanent magnet motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 1957-1965, Nov./Dec. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.2006317
- M. A. S. K. Khan and M. A. Rahman, "A novel neuro wavelet based self-tuned wavelet controller for IPM motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 1194-1203, May/Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2045213
- H. A. Yousef, M. E. Elkhatib, and O. A. Sebakhy, "Wavelet network-based motion control of DC motors," Expert Systems with Applicat.: An Int. Jour., Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 1522-1527, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.06.069
- S. Parvez and Z. Gao, "A wavelet-based multiresolution PID controller," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 41, No. 2, pp. 537-543, Mar./Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.844378
- M. Azadi, A. Rahideh, A. A. Safavi, and O. Mahdiyar, "Wavenet based vector control of a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive," in Proceeding of IEEE EMDC, pp. 1663-1668, 2007.
- S. A. Saleh and M. A Rahman, "Analysis and testing of a controlled single phase wavelet modulated inverter for capacitor run induction motors," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 21-29, Mar. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2008.2003214
- M. N. Uddin, T. S. Radwan, and A. Rahman, "Performances of fuzzy logic-based indirect vector control for induction motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 1219-1225, Sep./Oct. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2002.802990
- C. M. Liaw and F. J. Lin, "Position control with fuzzy adaptation for induction servomotor drive," in proceedings of IEE Electric Power Appl., pp. 397-404, 1995.
- E. Y. Hamid and Z. I. Kawasaki, "Wavelet based data compression of power system disturbances using the minimum description length criterion," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 460-466, Apr. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.997918
- M. Masiala, B. Vafakhah, J. Salmon, and M. K. Andrew, "Fuzzy self-tuning speed control of an indirect field-oriented control induction motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 1732-1740, Nov. /Dec. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.2006342
- L. Zhen and L. Zu, "Fuzzy learning enhanced speed control of an indirect field-oriented induction machine drive," IEEE Trans. Contr. Syst. Technol., Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 270-278, Mar. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/87.826798
- B. Heber, L. Xu and Y. Tang, "Fuzzy logic enhanced speed control of an indirect field-oriented induction machine drive," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 772-778, Sep. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.622994
- G. Calcev, "Some remarks on the stability of Mamdani fuzzy control systems," IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 436-442, Aug. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.705511
- J.L.F Daya and V. Subbiah, "A Novel Wavelet-Fuzzy based controller for robust speed control of induction motor drives", Aust. Jour. of Electr. Electron. Eng., Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 185-195, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/1448837X.2012.11464323
- B. K. Bose, Modern power Electronics and AC Drives, Pearson Education, 2002
- G. Stang and T. Nguyen, Wavelets and Wavelet Filter, Wellesly-Cambridge, 1996.
- Fuzzy Decision and Graph Algorithms Aided Adaptive Protection of Microgrid vol.117, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.05.231
- Real-Time Analysis of a Modified State Observer for Sensorless Induction Motor Drive Used in Electric Vehicle Applications vol.10, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/en10081077
- Wavelet-fuzzy speed indirect field oriented controller for three-phase AC motor drive – Investigation and implementation vol.19, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jestch.2015.11.007
- Development of intelligent fault diagnostic system for mechanical element of wind power generator vol.24, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2014.24.1.078
- Sliding Mode Controller and Lyapunov Redesign Controller to Improve Microgrid Stability: A Comparative Analysis with CPL Power Variation vol.10, pp.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/en10121959