- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Sensorless Control of Wound Rotor Synchronous Machines Based on High-frequency Signal Injection into the Stator Windings
- Chen, Zhiguo (School of Information and Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Deng, Xianming (School of Information and Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Huang, Kun (School of Information and Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Zhen, Wenhuan (School of Information and Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Wang, Lei (School of Information and Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology)
- Received : 2012.11.08
- Published : 2013.07.20
This paper proposes a sensorless control approach for Wound Rotor Synchronous Machines (WRSMs) based on a high frequency voltage signal injection into the stator side U phase and VW line, respectively. Considering the machine itself as a rotor position sensor, the rotor position observer is established according to the principles of the rotary transformer. A demodulation method for the high frequency signal inducted in the rotor is proposed as well. Simulation and experimental results show that the proposed sensorless control approach has high performance and good practicability.
Supported by : China University of Mining and Technology
- S. Kerneth and R. Taylor, "Sensorless velocity control of permanent-magnet synchronous motors Control Systems Technology," IEEE Trans. Contr. Syst. Technol., Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 313-324, May 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/87.668033
- M. E. Elbuluk and L. I. Changsheng, "Sliding mode observer for wide-speed sensorless control of PMSM drives,"in Industry Applications Conference, 2003. 38th IAS Annual Meeting , Vol.1, pp.480-485,12-16 Oct.2003.
- C. Zhiqian, T. Mutuwo, D. Shiniji, and O. Shigeru, "An extended electromotive force model for sensorless control of interior permanent-magner synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 288-295, Apr. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.809391
- L. Idkhajine, E. Monmasson, and A. Maalouf, "Fully FPGA-based sensorless control for AC drive using an extended kalman filter," in IEEE-IECON 2009, pp. 2925-2930, Nov.2009.
- D. Rached, M. Ned, and N. L. Einar, "Design and implementation of an extended Kalman filter for the state estimation of a permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 491-497, Jul.1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.85891
- B. Silverio, Z. Mauro, and Z. Marco, "Extended-range PMSM Sensorless Speed Drive Based on Stochastic Filtering," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol.16, No.1, pp. 110-117, Jan. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.903995
- M. Zhixun, K. Ralph, and M. Ralph, "System-on-Chip sensorless control of PMSM combining signal injection and flux observer," in IEEE 7th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference-ECCE Asia, Vol. 2, pp. 1201-1205, Jun. 2012.
- X. Deng, L. Wang, J. Zhang, and K. Wang, "Design and finite element analysis of a novel structure brushless synchronous machine," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol.33, pp. 127-133, 2010.
- L. A. S. Ribeiro, M. W. Degner, F. Briz, and R. D. Lorenz, "Comparison of carrier signal voltage and current injection for the estimation of flux angle of rotor position," in Thirty-Third IAS Annual Meeting of IEEE, Vol.1, pp. 452-459, Oct.1998.
- Y.-S. Jeong, R. D. Lorenz, T. M. Jahns, and S.-K. Sul, "Initial rotor position estimation of an interior permanent magnet synchronous machine using carrier-frequency injection methods," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 38-45, Jan. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.840978
- P. Vadstrup and R. D. Lorenz, "Robust estimator design for signal injection-based IPM synchronous machine drives," in Conference Record of the 39th IAS Annual Meeting, Vol.2, pp. 957-963,3-7 Oct. 2004.
- L. Wang, X. Deng, R. Wang, and K. Huang, "Rotor position and speed detection of synchronous motor without mechanical sensor," Electric Machines and Control, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 57-62, May 2012.
- A. Bellini and S. Bifaretti, "A digital filter for speed noise reduction in drives using an electromagnetic resolver," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, No. 17, pp. 476-486, 2006.
- Z. Xu, M. F. Rahman, G. Wang, and D. Xu, "Performance evaluation of an integrated Starter -Alternator with an IPM synchronous machine under sensor-less operation," Journal of Power Electronic, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 49-57, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.49
- Parallel Sensorless Speed Control using Flux-axis Current for Dual SPMSMs Fed by a Single Inverter vol.10, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.1048
- Consideration of the Carrier Based Signal Injection Method in Three Shunt Sensing Inverters for Sensorless Motor Control vol.16, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.5.1791
- Harmonic Analysis of the Effects of Inverter Nonlinearity on the Offline Inductance Identification of PMSMs Using High Frequency Signal Injection vol.15, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.6.1567
- Design and Control of IPMSM Sensorless Drive for Mechanical Rotor Position Estimation Capability vol.2, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/JESTPE.2013.2295830