- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Modeling and Control Method for High-power Electromagnetic Transmitter Power Supplies
- Yu, Fei (College of Electronic Information and Control Engineering, Beijing University of Technology) ;
- Zhang, Yi-Ming (College of Electronic Information and Control Engineering, Beijing University of Technology)
- Received : 2013.01.21
- Published : 2013.07.20
High-power electromagnetic transmitter power supplies are an important part of deep geophysical exploration equipment. This is especially true in complex environments, where the ability to produce a highly accurate and stable output and safety through redundancy have become the key issues in the design of high-power electromagnetic transmitter power supplies. To solve these issues, a high-frequency switching power cascade based emission power supply is designed. By combining the circuit averaged model and the equivalent controlled source method, a modular mathematical model is established with the on-state loss and transformer induction loss being taken into account. A triple-loop control including an inner current loop, an outer voltage loop and a load current forward feedback, and a digitalized voltage/current sharing control method are proposed for the realization of the rapid, stable and highly accurate output of the system. By using a new algorithm referred to as GAPSO, which integrates a genetic algorithm and a particle swarm algorithm, the parameters of the controller are tuned. A multi-module cascade helps to achieve system redundancy. A simulation analysis of the open-loop system proves the accuracy of the established system and provides a better reflection of the characteristics of the power supply. A parameter tuning simulation proves the effectiveness of the GAPSO algorithm. A closed-loop simulation of the system and field geological exploration experiments demonstrate the effectiveness of the control method. This ensures both the system's excellent stability and the output's accuracy. It also ensures the accuracy of the established mathematical model as well as its ability to meet the requirements of practical field deep exploration.
- Z. Chen and H. Dong, "Development of novel transient electromagnet tiansmitter," Progress in Exploration Geophysics, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 444-446, Dec. 2004.
- G. Tan, Z. Fu, and L. Zhou, "A design of control for transient electromagnetic transmitter," Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation, Vol. 43, No. 483, pp. 8-12, Mar. 2006.
- P. Lin, P. Guo, and F. Shi, "A study of the techniques for large-depth and multi-functional electromagnetic survey," Acta Geoscientica Sinica, Vol. 4, No. 31, pp. 149-154, Apr. 2010.
- S. Wang, "Rectifier-preferred Power Supply for Cleaner Production in Electroplating Industry," Electroplating & Finishing, Vol. 26, No. 7, pp. 39-41, Jul. 2007.
- F. Ma, A. Luo, and H. Xiao, "High-power high-efficient and simplified high-frequency switching power supply for electrolytic plating," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 32, No. 21, pp. 71-78, Jul. 2012.
- P. Hu, Z. Wang, and H. Chen, "Output-voltage-regulated Full-bridge DC-DC Converter," Journal of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 9, pp. 1153-1156, Jan. 2011.
- X. Jiang, "Research on the topology theory and control technonogy of isolated boost full bridge dc-dc converter," PhD. Thesis, Beijing: Institute of Electrical Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2006.
- C. Ouyang, "Analysis & study on modeling of DC-DC switching converter," PhD. Thesis, NAN Jing: Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, 2005.
- Z. Fu and L. Zhou, "Two novel quasi-resonant steep current impulse rectifying circuits," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 70-75, Feb. 2006.
- D. Bai, "The effect of two types of turn-off current on TEM responses and the correction techniques," Seismology and Geology, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 245-251, Jun. 2001.
- D. Voncina and J. Nastran, "Current source for pulse plating with high di/dt and low ripple in steady state," Industrial Electronics, 1999, ISIE99, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Volume 2, pp. 753-756, 1999.
- X. Wang, Y. Zou, and J. Liu, "Modeling and control of full-bridge DC/DC switching power supply," Power Electronics, Vol. 41, No. 7, pp. 86-88, Aug. 2007.
- J. Zhou and X. Zeng, "A review of the modeling and analysis of DC-DC switching power converters," Journal of South China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition), Vol. 28, No. 8, pp. 111-116, Aug. 2000.
- D. P. Argo, I. Pandu, and S. Yukihiko, "A control method for single-phase PWM inverters," Proceedings of the International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, pp. 282-285, 2001.
- R. Chen, W. Liang, and Z. Wei, "Study of inverter with dual-loop control," Telecom Power Technologies, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 19-21, Sep. 2006.
- O. Kukrer and H. Komurcugil, "Control strategy for single-phase UPS inverters," Electric Power Application, IEEE Proc. pp. 743-746, 2003.
- H. Yang and J. Song, "Modeling and simulation of a single-phase voltage PWM inverter based on dual-loop control," Electric Drive Automation, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 15-18, Apr. 2009.
- J. W. Kim, H. S. Choi and B. H. Cho, "A novel droop method for converter parallel operation," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 25-32, Nov. 2001.
- Y. Panov and M. Jovanov, "Stability and dynamic performance of current-sharing control for paralleled voltage regulator modules," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 172-179, Mar. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.988827
- C. Lin and C. Chen, "Single-wire current-share paralleling of current-mode-controlled DC power supplies," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 780-786, Mar. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.857958
- Y. Huang and C. K. Tse, "Circuit theoretic classification of parallel connected DC-DC converters," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, Vol. 54, No. 5, pp. 1099-1108, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2007.890631
- L. Zheng, S. Zhao and J. Zhu, "Research on Input-paralleled Output-series Half-bridge Converter," High Voltage Engineering, Vol. 34, No. 7, pp. 1483-1488, Jul. 2008.
- J. Kang, C. Roh and G. Moon, "Phase-shifted parallel-input/series-output dual converter for high power step-up applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 649-652, Aug. 2002.
- X. Kong and A. Khambadkone, "Analysis and implementation of a high efficiency, interleaved current-fed full bridge converter for fuel cell system," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 543-550, Mar. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.889985
- W. DU and Z. Han, "Float-point genetic algorithm with self-adaptive crossover operator," Journal of System Simulation, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 1711-1713, Jul. 2006.
- Y. Cen, Y. Qin and D. Sun, "Application of PSO algorithm in wavelet neural network," Journal of System Simulation, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 2783-2788, Feb. 2004.
- W. Xiong and B. Xu, "Study on optimization of SVR parameters selection based on PSO," Journal of System Simulation, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 2442-2445, Nov. 2006.
- Interaction between two adjacent grounded sources in frequency domain semi-airborne electromagnetic survey vol.87, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4943221
- Loss Analysis and Air-Cooled Design for a Cascaded Electrical Source Transmitter vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.2.530
- An Improved Current-Doubler Rectifier for the Marine Controlled Source Electromagnetic Transmitter vol.2018, pp.1563-5147, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/8957974
- Research on a new type of electromagnetic transmitter based on PWM technology pp.1573-7543, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-018-2305-x