- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on the Influence of Distribution Lines to Parallel Inverter Systems Adopting the Droop Control Method
- Zhang, Xuan (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University) ;
- Liu, Jinjun (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University) ;
- You, Zhiyuan (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University) ;
- Liu, Ting (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University)
- Received : 2012.10.31
- Published : 2013.07.20
This paper takes into account the influence of the different impedances of distribution lines on power distribution among inverters when the inverters are paralleled with the droop control method. The impact of distribution lines on the power distribution of inverters can be divided into two aspects. Firstly, since the distributed generators are in low voltage grids, there is resistive impedance in the distribution lines, which will cause control coupling and reduce system stability. The virtual negative resistive impedance of inverters is adopted in this paper to neutralize the resistive element of distribution lines and thus make the distribution line impedance purely inductive. Secondly, after solving the resistive impedance problem, the difference in the inductive impedance value of distribution lines due to the low density of distributed generators will cause an unequal share of reactive power. With regards to this problem, modification is put forward for the droop control strategy to share the reactive power equally. The feasibility of the design is validated by simulation and experimental results.
- K. Siri, C. Q. Lee, and T. F. Wu, "Current distribution control for parallel connected converters part II," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 841-851, Jul. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.256304
- T.-F Wu, Y.-K. Chen and Y.-H. Huang, "3C Strategy for Inverters in Parallel Operation Achieving an Equal Current Distribution," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 47, pp. 273-281, Apr. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.836342
- Chen, J. F. and Chu, C. L., "Combination voltage controlled and current-controlled PWM inverter for UPS parallel operation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 10, pp. 547-558, Sep .1995.
- U. Borup, F. Blaabjerg, and P. Enjeti, "Sharing of nonlinear load in parallel-connected three-phase converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 1817-1823, Nov./Dec. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.968196
- Y. B. Byun, T. G. Koo, K. Y. Joe, E. S. Kim, J. I. Seo, and D. H. Kim, "Parallel operation of three-phase UPS inverters by wireless load sharing control," in Proc. INTELEC, pp. 526-532. Sep. 2000
- J. Guerrero, J. Matas, L. G. de Vicuna, M. Castilla, and J. Miret,"Decentralized control for parallel operation of distributed generation inverters using resistive output impedance," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 994-1004, Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.892621
- X. Zhang, J. Liu, T. Liu, and L. Zhou, "A novel power distribution strategy for parallel inverters in islanded mode microgrid," in Proc. IEEE APEC'10 Conf., pp. 2116 - 2120, 2010.
- J. M. Guerrero, L. García de Vicuna, J. Matas, M. Castilla, and J. Miret, "A wireless controller to enhance dynamic performance of parallel inverters in distributed generation systems," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 1205-1213, Sep. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.833451
- A. Tuladhar, H. Jin, T. Unger, and K. Mauch, "Control of parallel inverters in distributed AC power systems with consideration of the line impedance effect," in Proc. IEEE APEC'98 Conf., pp. 321-328, 1998.
- J. M. Guerrero, L. García de Vicuña, J. Matas, M. Castilla, and J. Miret, "Output impedance design of parallel-connected UPS inverters with wireless load-sharing control," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 1126-1135, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.851634
- S. J. Chiang and J. M. Chang, "Parallel control of the UPS inverters with frequency-dependent droop scheme," in Proc. IEEE 32nd Power Electronics Specialists Conf., Vol. 02, pp. 957-961, 2001.
- W. Yao, M. Chen, J. Matas, J. Guerrero, and Z.-M. Qian, "Design and analysis of the droop control method for parallel inverters considering the impact of the complex impedance on the power sharing," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 576 -588, Feb. 2011.
- Qing-Chang Zhong, "Robust droop controller for accurate proportional load sharing among inverters operated in parallel," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, 2011, to appear..
- K. De Brabandere, B. Bolsens, J. Van den Keybus, A. Woyte, J. Driesen, R. Belmans, and K. U. Leuven, "A voltage and frequency droop control method for parallel inverters," in Proc. IEEE PESC, Vol. 4, pp. 2501-2507, 2004.
- Y. Li and Y. W. Li, "Decoupled power control for an inverter based low voltage microgrid in autonomous operation," in Proc. IEEE IPEMC'09 Conf., pp. 2490- 2496, 2009.
- C.-T. Lee, C.-C. Chu, and P.-T. Cheng, "A new droop control method for the autonomous operation of distributed energy resource interface converters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 1980-1993, Apr. 2013 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2205944
- J. Guerrero, J. Matas, L. de Vicuna, M. Castilla, and J. Miret, "Wireless-control strategy for parallel operation of distributed-generation inverters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1461-1470, Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.882015
- Y. W. Li and C. N. Kao, "An accurate power control strategy for power electronics-interfaced distributed generation units operating in a low-voltage multibus microgrid," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 2977-2988, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2022828
- A. R. Bergen, Power Systems Analysis. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- E. A. A. Coelho, P. C. Cortizo, and P. F. D. Garcia, "Small-signal stability for parallel-connected inverters in stand-alone AC supply systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 38, No. 2, pp.533-542, Mar./Apr. 2002 . https://doi.org/10.1109/28.993176
- M. T. Abuelma'atti, "An improved approximation of the transmission line parameters of overhead wires," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 303-304, Nov. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/15.59891
- F. Li, R. Broadwater, and A. Sargent, "Cable impedance calculations with parallel circuits and multi-neutral returns in distribution networks," IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, Vol. 2, pp. 898-903, 2001.
- N. Ishigure, K. Matsui, and F. Ueda, "Development of an on-line impedance meter to measure the impedance of a distribution line," in Proc. ISIE'01, Vol. 1, pp. 549-554, 2001.
- H. Fu, Z. Zhou, X. Wei, and F. Tao, "Study on the measurement of power-transmission-line parameters with induced voltage," China International Conference on Electricity Distribution, pp. 1-6, 13-16, Sep. 2010.
- Secondary Voltage Control for Reactive Power Sharing in an Islanded Microgrid vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.1.329
- A Unified Virtual Power Decoupling Method for Droop-Controlled Parallel Inverters in Microgrids vol.31, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2497972
- A New Reactive-Power Sharing Scheme for Two Inverter-Based Distributed Generations with Unequal Line Impedances in Islanded Microgrids vol.10, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/en10111800