- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Control Method for Reducing the THD of Grid Current of Three-Phase Grid-Connected Inverters Under Distorted Grid Voltages
- Tran, Thanh-Vu (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Chun, Tae-Won (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Lee, Hong-Hee (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Kim, Heung-Geun (Dept. Of Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Nho, Eui-Cheol (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2013.01.25
- Published : 2013.07.20
This paper proposes a control method for reducing the total harmonic distortion (THD) of the grid current of three-phase grid-connected inverter systems when the grid voltage is distorted. The THD of the grid current caused by grid voltage harmonics is derived by considering the phase delay and magnitude attenuation due to the hardware low-pass filter (LPF). The Cauchy-Schwarz inequality theory is used in order to search more easily for the minimum point of the THD. Both the gain and angle of the compensation voltage at the minimum point of the THD of the grid current are derived with the variation of cut-off frequencies of the hardware LPF. Simulation and experimental results show the validity of the proposed control methods.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)
- F. Blaabjerg, Z. Chen, and B.S. Kjaer, "Power Electronics as efficient interface in dispersed power generation systems," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 1184-1194, Sep. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.833453
- B. Kroposki, R. Lasseter, T. Ise, S. Morozumi, S. Papathanassiou, and N. Hatziargyriou, "Making Microgrids Work." IEEE Power & Energy Mag., Vol.6, No.3, pp. 41-53, May/Jun. 2008.
- IEEE standard for interconnecting distributed resources with electric power systems, IEEE Standard 1547.2, 2008.
- J. Dannehl, F. W. Fuchs, and P. B. Thogersen, "PI state space current control of grid-connected PWM converter with LCL filters,." IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 9, pp. 2320-2330, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2047408
- E. Twining and D. Grahamehs, "Grid current regulation of a three-phase voltage source inverter with a LCL input filter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 18, No. 39, pp. 888-895, May 2003.
- J. Dannehl, C. Wessels, and F. W. Fuchs, "Limitations of voltage-oriented PI current control of grid-connected PWM rectifiers with LCL filters," IEEE Trans. Elect. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 380-388, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2008774
- D. N. Zmood and D. G. Holems, "Stationary frame current regulation of PWM inverters with zero steady-state error," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 814-822, May 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.810852
- G. Shen, X. Zhu, J. Zhang, and D. Xu, "A new feedback method for PR current control of LCL filter-based grid-connected inverter," IEEE Trans. Elect. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 6, pp. 2033-2041, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2040552
- Q. N. Trinh and H. H. Lee, "Improvement of Current Performance for Grid Connected Converter Under Distroted Grid Condition," in Proceeding of RPG, pp.1-6, 2011.
- X. Yuan, W. Merk, H. Stemmler, and J. Allmeling, "Stationary-frame generalized integrators for current control of active power filters with zero steady-state error for current harmonics of concern under unbalanced and distorted operation conditions," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 38, No.2, pp. 523-532, Mar./Apr. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.993175
- Y. Sato, T. Ishizuka, K. Nezu, and T. Kataoka , "A new control strategy for voltage-type PWM rectifiers to realize zero steady-state control error in input current," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 34, No.3, pp. 480-486, May/Jun. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.673717
- T. Abeyasekera, C. M. Johnson, D. J. Atkinson, and M. Armstrong, "Suppression of line voltage related distortion in current controlled grid connected inverters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 1393-1401, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.857557
- P. Mattavelli, "A closed-loop selective harmonic compensation for active filters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 37, No.1, pp. 81-89, Jan./Feb. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.903130
- J. Miret, M. Castilla, J. Matas, J. M. Guerrero, and J. C. Vasquez, "Selective harmonic-compensation control for single-phase active power filter with high harmonic rejection," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.56, No.8, pp.31173127, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2024662
- M. P. Kazmierkowski, M. Jasinski, and G. Wrona, "DSP-based control of grid-connected power converters operating under grid distortions," IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.204-211, May 2011 https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2011.2134856
- L.G. B. Rolim, D. R. da Costa, and M. Aredes, "Analysis and software implementation of a robust synchronization PLL circuit based on the pq theory," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.53, No.6, pp.1919-1926, Dec. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.885483
- P. Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre and A. V. Timbus, "Overview of control and grid synchronization for distributed power generation systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.32, No.5, pp.1398-1609, Oct. 2006.
- Voltage Feedforward Control with Time-Delay Compensation for Grid-Connected Converters vol.16, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.5.1833
- An Improved Grid-Voltage Feedforward Strategy for High-Power Three-Phase Grid-Connected Inverters Based on the Simplified Repetitive Predictor vol.31, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2461632
- An Enhanced Grid Current Compensator for Grid-Connected Distributed Generation Under Nonlinear Loads and Grid Voltage Distortions vol.61, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2320218