- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Novel Hybrid Active Power Filter with a High-Voltage Rank
- Li, Yan (School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University) ;
- Li, Gang (School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University)
- Received : 2012.11.26
- Published : 2013.07.20
A novel hybrid active power filter (NHAPF) that can be adopted in high-voltage systems is proposed in this paper. The topological structure and filtering principle of the compensating system is provided and analyzed, respectively. Different controlling strategies are also presented to select the suitable strategy for the compensation system. Based on the selected strategy, the harmonic suppression function is used to analyze the influence of system parameters on the compensating system with MATLAB. Moreover, parameters in the injection branch are designed and analyzed. The performance of the proposed NHAPF in harmonic suppression and reactive power compensation is simulated with PSim. Thereafter, the overall control method is proposed. Simulation analysis and real experiments show that the proposed NHAPF exhibits good harmonic suppression and reactive power compensation. The proposed compensated system is based on the three-phase four-switch inverter, which is inexpensive, and the control method is verified for validity and effectiveness.
- F. Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and A. V. Timbus, "Overview of control and grid synchronization for distributed power generation systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1398-1409, Oct. 2006.
- B. Singh, K. Al-Haddad, and A. Chandra, "A review of active filters for power quality improvement," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 46, No. 5, pp. 960-971, Oct. 1999.
- B. R. Lin and C. H. Huang, "Implementation of a three-phase capacitor clamped active power filter under unbalanced condition," IEEE Trans.Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1621-1630, Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.881991
- T. D. Kefalas and A. G. Kladas, "Harmonic impact on distribution transformer no-load loss," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 193-200, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2030207
- S. Rahmani, N. Mendalek, and K. AI-Haddad, "Experimental design of a nonlinear control technique for three-phase shunt active power filter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 10, pp. 3364-3375, Oct. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2038945
- R. S. Herrera, P. Salmerón, and H. Kim, "Instantaneous reactive power theory applied to active power filter compensation: Different approaches, assessment, and experimental results," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 184-196, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.905959
- J. C. Das, "Passive filters-potentialities and limitations," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 232-241, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.821666
- M. Wien, H. Schwarz, and T. Oelbaum, "Performance Analysis of SVC," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., Vol. 17, No. 9, pp. 1194 - 1203, Sep. 2007 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.905530
- A. Luo, Z. K. Shuai, Z. J. Shen, W. J. Zhu, and X. Y. Xu, "Design considerations for maintaining dc-side voltage of hybrid active power filter with injection circuit," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 75-84, Jan. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2005501
- E. E. EL-Kholy, A. EL-Sabbe, A. El-Hefnawy, and H. M. Mharous, "Three-phase active power filter based on current controlled voltage source inverter," International journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 28, No. 8, pp. 537-547, Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2006.01.007
- S. A. Gonzalez, R. G. Retegui, and M. Benedetti, "Harmonic computation technique suitable for active power filters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 5, pp. 2791-2796, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.894789
- J.-C. Wu, H.-L. Jou, and Y.-T. Feng, "Novel circuit topology for three-phase active power filter," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 444-449. Jan.2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2006.881416
- K. K. Shyu, M. J. Yang, Y. M. Chen, and Y. F. Lin, "Model reference adaptive control design for a shunt active-power-filter system," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, Vol. 1, pp. 97-106, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.906131
- J. Kim, J. Hong, and K. Nam, "A current distortion compensation scheme for four-switch inverters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 1032-1040, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2011552
- S. Rahmani, A. Hamadi, N. Mendalek, and K. Haddad, "A new control technique for three-phase shunt hybrid power filter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 8, pp. 2904-2915, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2010829
- H.-L. Jou, J.-C. Wu, K.-D. Wu, M.-S. Huang, C-A. Lin, "A hybrid compensation system comprising hybrid power filter and AC power capacitor," International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 28, No. 7, pp. 448-458, Sep. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2006.02.008
- A. Luo, C. Tang, Z. K. Shuai, W. Zhao, F. Rong, and K. Zhou, "A novel three-phase hybrid active power filter with a series resonance circuit tuned at the fundamental frequency," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No.7, pp. 2341-2440, Jul. 2009.
- A. Luo, Z. Shuai, W. Zhu, and Z. J. Shen, "Combined system for harmonic suppression and reactive power compensation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 418-428, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2008357
- V. F. Corasaniti, M. B. Barbieri, P. L. Arnera, and M. I. Valla, "Hybrid active filter for reactive and harmonics compensation in a distribution network," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 670-677, Mar. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2007997
- P. Salmeron and S. P. Litran. "A control strategy for hybrid power filter to compensate four-wires three-phase systems," IEEE Trans. Power. Electron., Vol. 25, No. 7, pp. 1923-1931, Jul. 2010.
- Versatile Shunt Hybrid Power Filter to Simultaneously Compensate Harmonic Currents and Reactive Power vol.10, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.1311
- DC-Link Voltage Balance Control in Three-phase Four-wire Active Power Filters vol.16, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.5.1928
- Adaptive DC-link Voltage Control for Shunt Active Power Filter vol.14, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2014.14.4.764
- Comparison and Study of Active and Hybrid Power Filters for Compensation of Grid Harmonics vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.4.1541