- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Space Syntax Analysis on Street System in Yakryeong Market District in Daegu, Korea
대구 약령시 지구 내 가로 체계의 공간구문 분석
- Received : 2013.04.10
- Accepted : 2013.04.23
- Published : 2013.04.30
This study examines the properties of spaces where historical and cultural resources have been preserved in the street system of Daegu Yakryeong market district, by using Space Syntax methodology. The results were obtained through ASA(Angular Segment Analysis) on each node (spatial unit) in the street network. An overall characteristic of spatial configuration in street system of the surveyed district is that nodes in the street network tend to form socially integrated spatial structure to allow easy access to each space in the system. There are a small number of socially isolated spaces in the street system, which are located at nodes in narrow streets adjacent to the roadway outside the district, or in narrow alleys between early modern Korean buildings. More than half of the surveyed spaces have high levels of social integration, which contain buildings playing a central role of the community, a traditional street market, symbolic landmarks. In conclusion, it is expected that the achievements of this study will contribute in leading to rational land use planning for sound and sustainable development of historical and cultural resources in an urban district.
- 김영국, 신행우 (2004), 서울 북촌의 공간구조 분석을 위한 방법론 연구, 대한건축학회논문집 계획계, 20권 9호, pp. 201-209.
- 김주일, 노서영 (2011), 재개발에 따른 가로망 변화가 도시 가로체계 구성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구-대전 원도심부 도심 재정비에 따른 가로 통합도 변화 분석을 중심으로, 한국도시설계학회지, 12권 2호, pp. 151-164.
- 김진균, 권영상 (2002), 신도시 개발에 의한 도시공간의 구조적 이분화에 대한 연구, 대한건축학회논문집 계획계, 18권 9호, pp. 69-76.
- 사이버한의약체험관 (2009), 대구약령시 소개 홈페이지 (http://herb.daegu.go.kr/)
- 이승재, 강석진 (2012), 공간구문론을 이용한 도시 주거지 방범용 CCTV 배치 방법에 관한 연구, 대한건축학회논문집 계획계, 28권 9호, pp. 55-62.
- Batty M (2005), Network geography: relations, interactions, scaling and spatial processes in GIS. In: Unwin, D.J., Fisher, P. (Eds.), Re-presenting Geographical Information Systems. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, pp. 149-170.
- Batty M (2008), Whither network science? , Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Vol. 35(4), pp. 569-571. https://doi.org/10.1068/b3504ed
- Crucitti P, Latora V, Porta S (2006), Centrality in networks of urban streets. Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 16, 015113. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2150162
- Hillier B, Hanson J (1984), The social logic of space , Cambridge University Press.
- Hillier B (2007), Space is the machine (electronic ed.), London: Space Syntax Ltd. (Available at: http://www.spacesyntax.com.)
- Lu Q, Chen F, Hancock K (2009), On path anomaly detection in a large transportation network, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, Vol. 33(6), 448-462. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compenvurbsys.2009.07.009
- Ratti, C. (2004), Urban texture and space syntax: some inconsistencies, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design. 31(4), pp. 487-499.
- Turner A, Penn A, Hillier B (2005), An algorithmic definition of the axial map, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Vol. 32(3), pp. 425-444. https://doi.org/10.1068/b31097
- Turner A (2007), From axial to road-centre lines: a new representation for space syntax and a new model of route choice for transport network analysis, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Vol. 34(3), 539-555. https://doi.org/10.1068/b32067
- Wang F, Antipova A, Porta S (2011), Street centrality and land use intensity in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Journal of Transport Geography, Vol. 19(2), pp. 285-293. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2010.01.004
- Space Syntactic Properties of the Street Network in Commercial District from the Perspective of Human Ecology - Focused on Euneungjeongi Culture Street in Daejeon, Korea vol.13, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12813/kieae.2013.13.5.017