- Volume 14 Issue 2
This paper focuses on the modeling and intelligent control of the new Eight-Rotor MAV, which is used to solve the problem of the low coefficient proportion between lift and gravity for the Quadrotor MAV. The Eight-Rotor MAV is a nonlinear plant, so that it is difficult to obtain stable control, due to uncertainties. The purpose of this paper is to propose a robust, stable attitude control strategy for the Eight-Rotor MAV, to accommodate system uncertainties, variations, and external disturbances. First, an interval type-II fuzzy neural network is employed to approximate the nonlinearity function and uncertainty functions in the dynamic model of the Eight-Rotor MAV. Then, the parameters of the interval type-II fuzzy neural network and gain of sliding mode control can be tuned on-line by adaptive laws based on the Lyapunov synthesis approach, and the Lyapunov stability theorem has been used to testify the asymptotic stability of the closed-loop system. The validity of the proposed control method has been verified in the Eight-Rotor MAV through real-time experiments. The experimental results show that the performance of the interval type-II fuzzy neural network based adaptive sliding mode controller could guarantee the Eight-Rotor MAV control system good performances under uncertainties, variations, and external disturbances. This controller is significantly improved, compared with the conventional adaptive sliding mode controller, and the type-I fuzzy neural network based sliding mode controller.
Interval type-II fuzzy neural network;sliding mode controller;Eight-Rotor MAV
- Pounds, P., Mahony, R., and Hynes, P., "Design of a four-rotor aerial robot", Proceedings of Australian Conference on Robotics and Automation, Auckland, Australian, 2002, pp. 145-150.
- McKerrow, P., "Modelling the Draganflyer four-rotor helicopter,", Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Kobe, Japan, 2004, pp. 3596- 3601.
- Bouabdallah, S., Noth, A., and Siegwart, R., "PID vs LQ Control Techniques Applied to an Indoor MicroQuadrotor", IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol. 14, No. (7), 2004, pp. 2451-2456.
- Tayebi, A., McGilvray, S., "Attitude stablilization of a VIOL quadrotor aircraft", IEEE Transaction on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 14, No. (14), 2006, pp. 562-571. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2006.872519
- Erginer, B., Altug, E., "Modeling and PD control of a quadrotor VTOL vehicle", Proc. of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles, 2007, pp. 894-899.
- Daewon, Lee., Jin Kim, H., and Shankar, S., "Feedback Linearization vs. Adaptive Sliding Mode Control for a Quadrotor Helicopter", International journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, Vol. 7, No. 3, 2009, pp. 418-428.
- Coza, C., Macnab, C. J. B., "A new robust adaptivefuzzy control method applied to quadrotor helicopter stabilization," NAFIPS Annual meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Society, North American, 2006, pp. 475- 480.
- Spooner, J. T., Passino, M., "Stable adaptive control using fuzzy systems and neural networks", IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 4, No. 3, 1996, pp. 339-359. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.531775
- Ordonez, R., Passino, K., "Stable multi-input multioutput adaptive fuzzy/neural control", IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 7, No. 3, 1999, pp. 345-353. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.771089
- Melin, P., Castillo, O., "A new method for adaptive model-based control of non-linear dynamic plants using a neuro-fuzzy-fractal approach", Soft Computing Journal, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2001, pp. 171-177. https://doi.org/10.1007/s005000000069
- Xiong, L., Zengqi, S., and Fuchun, S., "A New Approach to Fuzzy Modeling and Control for Nonlinear Dynamic Systems: Neuro-Fuzzy Dynamic Characteristic Modeling and Adaptive Control Mechanism", International journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2009, pp. 123-132. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-009-0115-x
- Melin, P., Castillo, O., "Intelligent control of complex electrochemical systems with a neuro-fuzzy-genetic approach", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 48, No. 5, 2001, pp. 951-955. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.954559
- Er, M. J., Low, C. B., and Nah, K. H., "Real-time implementation of a dynamic fuzzy neural networks controller for a SCARA", Microprocessors and Microsystems, Vol. 9-10, No. 26, 2002, pp. 449-461.
- Lee, C. H., Lin, Y. C., and Lai, W. Y., "Systems identification using type-II fuzzy neural network (type- II FNN) systems", In Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Comput. Intell. Robot. Antom,, vol. 3, 2003, pp. 1264-1269.
- Wang, C. H., "Dynamic optimal training for interval type-II fuzzy neural network (T2FNN)", IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. B, Vol. 34, No. 3, 2004, pp. 1462-1477. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2004.825927
- Chen, X. J., Li, D., and Xu, Z. H., "Adaptive double axes motion control system based on Type-II fuzzy neural networks", Optics and Precision and Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 7, 2011, pp. 1643-1650. https://doi.org/10.3788/OPE.20111907.1643
- Li, D., Chen, X. J., and Xu, Z. H., "A type-II fuzzy neural networks with self-organizing recurrent intervals for dynamic time-varying system identification", Optics and Precision and Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 7, 2011, pp. 1406-1413. https://doi.org/10.3788/OPE.20111906.1406
- Tsung-Chih, L., "Based on interval type-II fuzzyneural network direct adaptive sliding mode control for SISO nonlinear systems", Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat, Vol. 15, No. 12, 2010, pp. 4084-4099. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2010.01.036
- Chou, P. H., "Adaptive control of two-axis motion control system using interval type-II fuzzy neural network", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 2009, pp. 178-193.
- Faa, J. L., Po, H. C., and Po, H. S., "Robust control of an LUSM-based x-y-tha motion control stage using an adaptive interval type-II fuzzy neural network", IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 1, No. 17, 2009, pp. 24-38.
- Xinkai, C., "Adaptive sliding mode control for discretetime multi-input multi-output systems", Automatica, Vol. 42, No. 3, 2006, pp. 427-435. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2005.10.008
- Hung, L. C., Chung, H. Y., "Decoupled sliding-mode with fuzzy-neural network controller for nonlinear systems", International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, Vol. 46, No. 3, 2007, pp. 74-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijar.2006.08.002
- Lin, P. Z., Wang, W. Y., and Lee, T. T., "On-line genetic algorithm-based fuzzy-neural sliding mode controller using improved adaptive bound reduced-form genetic algorithm", International Journal of Systems Science, Vol. 40, No. 6, 2009, pp. 571-582. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207720902750011
- H infinity control design for Eight-Rotor MAV attitude system based on identification by interval type II fuzzy neural network vol.17, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2016.17.2.195
- A new robust fuzzy method for unmanned flying vehicle control vol.22, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-015-2741-1
- Robust Stabilization Technique for the Leader Steering Slung-Load System/Using Sliding Mode Control pp.2093-2480, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42405-018-0053-z