- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Ponciri Fructus Extracts Fermented with Ganoderma lucidum on the Collagen Synthesis and Expression of Matrix Metalloproteinase-1
콜라겐 합성과 MMP-1 발현에 대한 생물전환 지실 추출물의 효과
- Lee, Gye Won (Department of Pharmaceutics & Biotechnology, College of Medical Engineering, Konyang University) ;
- Park, Sung Min (R&D Center, CoSeedBioPharm Co.) ;
- Yoo, Yung Choon (Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Konyang University) ;
- Cho, Young Ho (Department of Pharmaceutics & Biotechnology, College of Medical Engineering, Konyang University)
- Received : 2013.02.13
- Accepted : 2013.04.21
- Published : 2013.04.27
Ponciri fructus, the unripe fruits of Poncirus trifoliata, are widely used in oriental traditional medicine as a remedy for inflammation, gastritis, emesis, digestive ulcers, allergy, and dysentery. To study the anti-wrinkle effects of Ponciri fructus extract (PFE) containing flavanone glycosides, PFE was fermented with Ganoderma lucidum mycelia and its biological activities were investigated. In Ponciri fructus extracts fermented with G. lucidum (G-PFE), polyphenol content was
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Jenkins, G. (2002) Molecular mechanisms of skin ageing. Mech. Ageing Dev. 123: 801-810. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0047-6374(01)00425-0
- Fisher, G. J., S. Kang, J. Varani, Z. Bata-Csorgo, Y. Wan, S. Datta, J. J. Voorhees (2002) Mechanisms of photoaging and chronological skin aging. Arch. Dermatol. 138: 1462-1470. https://doi.org/10.1001/archderm.138.11.1462
- Kim, E. J., M. K. Kim, X. J. Jin, J. H. Oh, J. E. Kim, and J. H. Chung (2010) Skin aging and photoaging alter fatty acids composition, including 11, 14, 17- eicosatrienoic acid, in the epidermis of human skin. J. Korean Med. Sci. 25: 980-983. https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2010.25.6.980
- Kim, N. M., B. S. Koo, S. K. Lee, E. I. Hwang, S. H. So, and J. H. Do (2007) Effect of Korean red ginseng on collagen biosynthesis and MMP-1 activity in human dermal fibroblast. J. Ginseng Res. 31: 86-92. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2007.31.2.086
- Wang, Y., A. R. Johnson, Q. Z. Ye, and R. D. Dyer (1999) Catalytic activities and substrate specificity of the human membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase catalytic domain. J. Biol. Chem. 274: 33043-33049. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.274.46.33043
- Brenneisen, P., H. Sies, and K. Scharffetter-Kochanek (2002) Ultraviolet-B irradiation and matrix metalloproteinases from induction via signaling to initial events. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 973: 31-43. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2002.tb04602.x
- Park, J. H. and S. H. Sung (2007) The Key Medicinal Plants, pp. 415-417. Shinilbooks, Seoul, Korea.
- KAPE (2008) Handbook of the Korea Pharmacopoeia. 9th ed., pp. 1176-1177. Shinilbooks, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, H. M., H. J. Kim, and S. T. Park (1999) Inhibition of immunoglobulin E production by Poncirus trifoliata fruit extract. J. Ethnopharmacol. 66: 283-288. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(99)00028-8
- Jeon, R. H., H. J. Choi, S. J. Moon, and M. S. Na (2010) The effects of antioxidant and antimicrobial activity with Poncirus trifoliata ethanol extracts during growth. J. Korean Soc. Cosmetol. 16: 1225-1230.
- Cha, M. R., M. Y. Yoon, E. S. Son, and H. R. Park (2009) Selective cytotoxicity of Ponciri fructus against glucose-deprived PANC- 1 human pancreatic cancer cells via blocking activation of GRP78. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 73: 2167-2171. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.90235
- Son, A. R., J. Y. Choi, J. A. Kim, S. H. Cho, X. G. Hua, S. H. Park, S. R. Chung, T. C. Chung, Y. D. Jahng, J. K. Son, and S. H. Lee (2005) Isolation of melanogenesis inhibitors from Ponciri fructus. Kor. J. Pharmacogn. 36: 1-8.
- Shoji, N., A. Umeyama, T. Takemoto, and Y. Ohizhumi (1984) Isolation of a cardiotonic principle from Alpinia ocyphylla. Planta. Med. 50: 186-187. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-969667
- Kiuchi, F. M. Shibuya, and U. Sankawa (1982) Inhibitors of prostaglandin biosynthesis from Aipinia officinarum. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 30: 2279-2282. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.30.2279
- Shoji, N., A. Umeyama, Y. Asakawa, T. Takemoto, K. Nomoto, and Y. Ohizumi (1984) Structural determination of nootkatol, a new sesquiterpene isolated from Alpinia oxyphylla miquel possessing calcium-atagonistic activity. J. Pharm. Sci. 73: 843-844. https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.2600730639
- Marotti, I., A. Bonetti, B. Biavati, P. Catizone, and G. Dinelli (2007) Biotrnasformation of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) flavonoid glycosides by bifidobacterium species from human intestinal origin. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55: 3913-3919. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf062997g
- Nielsen, I. L., W. S. Chee, L. Poulsen, E. Offord-Cavin, S. E. Tasmussen, H Grederiksen, M. Enslen, D. Barron, M. N. Horcajada, and G. Williamson (2006) Bioavailability is improved by enzymatic modification of the citrus flavonoid hesperidin in humans: a randomized, double-blind, crossover trial. J. Nutr. 136: 404-408.
Otieno, D. O. and N. P. Shah (2007) A comparison of changes in the transformation of isoflavones in soymilk using varying concentrations of exogenous and probiotic derived endogenous
$\beta$-glucosidases. J. Appl. Microbiol. 103: 601-612. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2672.2006.03245.x
- Joung, E. M., H. Y. Kim, I. G. Hwang, J. H. Jeong, K. W. Yu, J. S. Lee, and H. S. Jeong (2010) Changes of antioxidant activities on cultured ginseng with mushroom mycelia during cultivation. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 39: 1346-1352. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.9.1346
- Follin, A. D. and W. Denis (1915) A colorimetric method for the determination of phenols and phenol derivatives in urine. J. Biol. Chem. 22: 305-308.
- Moreno, M. I., M. I. Isla, A. R. Sampeiettro, and M. A. Vatuone (2000) Comparison of the free radical-scavenging activity of propolis from several regions of Argentina. J. Enthnopharmacol. 71: 109-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(99)00189-0
- Blois, M. S. (1958) Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 199-120. https://doi.org/10.1038/181199a0
- Okamura, H., A. Mimura, Y. Yakou, M. Niwano, and Y. Takahara (1993) Antioxidant activity of tannins and flavonoids in Eucalptus rostrata. Phytochemistry. 33: 557-561. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9422(93)85448-Z
- Mosmann, T. (1983) Rapid colorimetric assay for the cellular growth and survival: Application to proliferation and cytotoxic assay. J. Immunol. Methods. 65: 55-59. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1759(83)90303-4
- Jeong, H. J., S. B. Park, S. Kim, and H. K. Kim (2007) Total polyphenol content and antioxidative activity of wild grape (Vitis coignetiae) extracts depending on ethanol concentrations. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 36: 1491-1496. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.12.1491
- Cha, J. Y., S. Y. Kim, S. J. Jeong, and Y. S. Cho (1999) Effects of hesperetin and naringenin on lipid concentration in oratic acid treated mice. Korean J. Life Science. 9: 389-394.
- Jeong, J. H., K. E. Lee, and S. Y. Lee (2006) Optimization of submerged cultivation of Hericium erinaceum. Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 21: 96-102.
- Miura, T., L. Yuan, B. Sun, H. Fujii, M. Yoshida, K. Wakame, and K. Kosuna (200) Isoflavone aglycone produced by culture of soybean extracts with basidiomycetes and its antiangiogenic activity. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 66: 2626-2631.
- Ramarathnam, N., T. Osawa, H. Ochi, and S. Kawakishi (1995) The contribution of plant food antioxidants to human health trends. Food Sci. Technol. 6: 75-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-2244(00)88967-0
- Kuppusamy, P. and J. L. Zweier (1989) Characterization of free radical generation by xanthine oxidase. J. Biol. Chem. 264: 9880-9884.
- Kim, S. J., D. K. Lim, S. W. Hyung, M. S. Kim, M. N. Kim, K. K. Lee, and Y. K. Ha (2004) Inhibition of lipid autoxidation by the extract of the submerged-liquid culture of mushroom in the medium containing mulberry tree power. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 33: 249-254. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.249
- Kim, J. H., J. T. Bae, M. H. Song, G. S. Lee, S. Y. Choe, and H. B. Pyo (2010) Biological activities of Fuctus arctii fermented with the basidiomycete Grifola frondosa. Arch. Pharm. Res. 33: 1943-1951. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12272-010-1209-y
- Nagase, H. and J. F. Woessner (1999) Matrix metalloproteinases. J. Biol. Chem. 274: 21491-21494. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.274.31.21491
- Kim, M. J., R. H. Kwon, M. W. Jang, and B. J. Ha (2012) Antioxidant and anti-wrinkle effects of steamed three ginseng extracts. J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea 38: 155-162.
- Kang, S. W., J. H. Chung, C. Hammerberg, G. J. Fisher, and J. J. Voorhes (2005) Inflammation and extracellular matrix degradation mediated by activated transcription factors nuclear factor-kB and activator protein-1 in inflammatory acne lesion in vivo. Am. J. Pathol. 166: 1691-1699. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9440(10)62479-0
- Bae, J. T., G. S. Sim, D. H. Lee, B. H. Lee, H. B. Pyo, T. B. Choe, and W. J. Yun (2005) Production of exopolysaccharide from mycelia culture of Grifola frondosa and its inhibitory effect on matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in ultraviolet A-irradiated human dermal fibroblasts. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 25: 347-354.
- Effects of Molecular Weights of Sodium Hyaluronate on the Collagen Synthesis, Anti-inflammation and Transdermal Absorption vol.42, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15230/SCSK.2016.42.3.235
- Isoflavone, β-Glucan Content and Antioxidant Activity of Defatted Soybean Powder by Bioconversion with Lentinula edodes vol.31, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2016.31.5.386
- on CCD-986sk vol.60, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2017.056