- Volume 19 Issue 3
Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia which has problems of land subsidence with the rates of about 1 to 15 cm/year, up to 20-25 cm/year. The study has examined the land subsidence in Pantai Mutiara, Jakarta Bay which is a reclaimed area by using the Terrestrial LIDAR survey technique. The Terrestrial LIDAR survey results show that the survey site has mean elevation of 0.24 m with the highest elevation of 0.93 m and lowest - 0.35 m. Considering that AHHW (approximate highest high water) is 0.51 m, many areas of the survey site are lying below the AHHW. Pantai Mutiara area is showing various subsidence rates depending on sites although the site is relatively narrow and small (about 1
Land subsidence;Terrestrial LIDAR;3D Topography;Coastal Flooding;Jakarta Bay
- Abidin, H. Z., R. Djaja, D. Darmawan, S. Hadi, A. Akbar, H. Rajiyowiryono, Y. Sudibyo, I. Meilano, M. A. Kusuma, J. Kahar and C. Subarya(2001), Land Subsidence of Jakarta (Indonesia) and its Geodetic-Based Monitoring System, Natural Hazards. J. of the International Society of Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Vol. 23. No. 2/3, March, pp. 365-387.
- Abidin, H. Z., H. Andreas, I. Gumilar, M. Gamal, Y. Fukuda and T. Deguchi(2009), Land Subsidence and Urban Development in Jakarta (Indonesia), 7th FIG Regional Conference Spatial Data Serving People: Land Governance and the Environment - Building the Capacity Hanoi, Vietnam, 19-22 October 2009, pp. 1-16.
- Abidin H. Z., H. Andreas, I. Gumilar, Y. Fukuda, Y. E. Pohan and T. Deguchi(2011), Land subsidence of Jakarta (Indonesia) and its relation with urban development, Nat Hazards, DOI 10.1007/s11069-011-9866-9, pp. 1-19. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-010-9690-7
- Lee, S. L., G. P. Karunaratne and M. A. Aziz(2003), Design and performance of Fibredrain in soil improvement projects, Proceedings of the ICE-Ground Improvement, Volume 7, Issue 4, pp. 146-156.
- Park, H. S.(2008), Micro-geomorphology study using Terrestrial LIDAR and utility analysis, Korea: Kyunghee University, Ph.D. thesis, pp. 21-23.
- Pasang, H., G. A. Moore and G. Sitorus(2007), Neighbourhood-based waste management: A solution for solid waste problems in Jakarta, Indonesia, Waste management, Volume: 27, Issue 12, pp. 1924-1938. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2006.09.010
- Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K. B. Averyt, M. Tignor and H. L. Miller(2007), Climate Change 2007 - The Physical Science Basis; Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA, p. 750.
Grant : Study on Establishment of Integrated Coastal Management Program in Jakarta Bay Area, Indonesia
Supported by : KIOST