- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Diagnosis of Osmidrosis Axillae Using Electronic Nose
전자코를 이용한 액취증의 진단
- Kim, Jeong-Do (Department of Electronic Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Jang, Seong-Jin (Department of Electronic Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Lim, Seung-Ju (Department of Electronic Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Park, Sung-Dae (Department of Electronic Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Jin (Department of Electronic Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Jung-Ju (Department of Electronic Engineering, Hoseo University)
- 김정도 (호서대학교 전자공학과) ;
- 장성진 (호서대학교 전자공학과) ;
- 임승주 (호서대학교 전자공학과) ;
- 박성대 (호서대학교 전자공학과) ;
- 김동진 (호서대학교 전자공학과) ;
- 김정주 (호서대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2013.05.24
- Accepted : 2013.07.10
- Published : 2013.07.31
The purpose of this paper is to diagnose osmidrosis visually and quantify the extent of osmidrosis. To achieve this, we designed the diagnosis method of osmidrosis using electronic nose system. The developed electronic nose system use principal component analysis for visualization of osmidrosis and fuzzy c-means algorithm for quantification. To confirm the efficiency of electronic nose system for osmidrosis diagnosis, we obtained samples from 34 volunteers and compared our experiment results with the doctor's diagnosis, and we met with successful results.
- H. H. Chu, Y. T. Seo, H. S. Lee, Y. S. Kim, and Y. H. Bang, "A study of genetic inheritance of bromidrosis", J. Korean Soc of Plast Reconstr Surg., Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 210-214, 1999.
- T. B. Fitzpatrick, A. Z. Eissen, K. Wolff, I. M. Feedberg, and K. F. Austen, Dermatology in General Medicine. 3rd ed., Mcgraw-Hill Information Services Co., New York, p.704, 1987.
- I. G. Kim and J. M. Lew, "Osmidrosis", Diagnosis and Treatment, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 629-632, 2001.
- W. S. Kim, "Osmidrosis : Psychological survey", Archives of Plastric Surgery, Vol. 18, No. 21, pp. 314-321, 1991.
- H. S. Yoon and I. H. Kim, "Association between skin phenotype and apocrine bromhidrosis in Koreans", Korean Journal of Dermatolgy, Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 496-500, 2002.
- S. T. Cho, I. G. Baik, K. W. Whang, D. H. Lim, and D. S. Cha, "Clinical observation of the axillary osmidrosis", Archives of Plastric Surgery, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 1207-1213, 1997.
- J. P. Kook, S. C. Lee, I. K. Chun, and Y. P. Kim, "Studies of microbial flora of osmidrosis patients and their genetic observation", Korean Journal of Dermatology, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 559-564, 1990.
- W. B. Shelley, H. J. Hurley, and A. C. Nichols, "Axillary odor; Experimental study of the role of bacteria, apocrine sweat, and deodorants", Arch Derm Syph, Vol. 68, pp. 430-446, 1953. https://doi.org/10.1001/archderm.1953.01540100070012
- H. J. Hurly, Diseases of the apocrine sweat glands, in Dermatology, 3rd ed., Vol. 2, Saunders, p. 1495, 1992.
- Strauss JS and Kligman AM, "The bacteria reponsible for apocrine odor", J. Invest. Dermatol., Vol. 41, p. 3, 1963. https://doi.org/10.1038/jid.1963.60
- H. G. Byun, Persaud K. C., J. D. Kim, and D. D. Lee, "Improvement of RBF Network's performance for application to odour sensing system with drift", Olfaction & electronic Nose Conference, pp. 237-240, 1999.
- J. D. Kim, H. G. Byun, D. J. Kim, Y. K. Ham, W. S. Jung, and C. O. Yoon, "A simple taste analyzing system design for visual and quantitative analysis of different tastes using multi-array chemical sensors and pattern recognition techniques", Talanta, Vol. 70, Issue 3, pp. 546-555, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2006.01.020