- Volume 39 Issue 4
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to investigate exposure levels to K2 rifle noise at a military rifle range among soldiers in training, the left and right ears of shooters, and control managers in the day and night times. Methods: For this study, we visited military rifle ranges and measured the noise of a K2 rifle with a sound level meter (3M Quest SoundPro
Military;noise exposure;impulse noise;daytime;nighttime
- Henselman LW, Henderson D, Shadoan J, Subramaniam M, Saunders S, Ohlin D. Effects of noise exposure, race, and years of service on hearing in U.S. Army soldiers. Ear Hear. 1995; 16(4): 382-391 https://doi.org/10.1097/00003446-199508000-00005
- Savolainen S, Lehtomaki KM. Impulse noise and acute acoustic trauma in Finnish conscripts. Number of shots fired and safe distances. Scandi Audiol. 1997; 26(2): 122-126. https://doi.org/10.3109/01050399709074985
- Pillips YY, Zajtchuk JT. Blast injuries of the ear in military operation. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol Suppl. 1989; 140: 3-4.
- Temmel AF, Kierner AC, Steurer M, Riedl S, Innitzer J. Hearing loss and tinnitus in acute acoustic trauma. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 1999; 111(21): 891-893.
- Labarere J, Lemardeley P, Vincey P, Desjeux G, Pascal B. Acute acoustic trauma in military personnel evaluation of one year epidemiologic surveillance. Press Medi. 2000; 29(24): 1341-1344.
- Czerw RJ. Army Hearing Program. United States:Department of the Arm Press; 2008. p.2-44.
- Kim JS. A study on subjective noise evaluation of residential area on aircraft noise near airport: case study on Teagu airport. Korean Soc Noise Vib Eng. 2000; 10(1): 41-48.
- Kang DJ, Kim JM, Park JC. Road traffic noise status and prediction. Kor Soc Noise Vib Eng. 2004; 14(10): 1015-1020. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2004.14.10.1015
- Ahn MS, Kim JD, Hwang SJ. A case study to minimize effect of blasting vibration and noise on animal casualties. Kor Soc Noise Vib Eng. 2001; 11(1): 104-110.
- Keim RJ. Impulse Noise and Neurosensory Hearing Loss-Relationship to Small Arms Fire. Calif Med. 1970; 113(3): 16-19.
- Federal Register. Occupational Noise Exposure: Hearing Conservation Amendment. United States: Occupational Safety and Health Administration press; 1981. p.1-48.
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH). Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances and Physical Agents and Biological Exposure Indices, 7 th ed. United States: ACGIH Press; 2012. p.118-120.
- Henshaw JL. Hearing conservation program, United State: Occupational Safety and Health Administration Press; 2010. p.8.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor. Threshold limit values of Chemical and physical substances, South Korea; Ministry of Employment and Labor press; 2010. p.81-82.
Supported by : 국방부