- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Integrated Dynamic Simulation of a Magnetic Bearing Stage and Control Design
자기베어링 스테이지의 동적 거동 통합 시뮬레이션을 통한 제어 설계
- Kim, Byung-Sub (Advanced Manufacturing Systems Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials)
- Received : 2013.07.08
- Accepted : 2013.08.05
- Published : 2013.08.15
The dynamic simulation of machine tools and motion control systems has been widely used for optimization, design verification, control design, etc. There are three main streams in dynamic simulation: structural dynamic analysis based onthe finite element method, dynamic motion analysis based on equations of motion, and control system analysis based on transfer functions. Generally, one of these dynamic simulation methods is chosen and employed for specific purposes. In this study, an integrated dynamic simulation is introduced, in which the structure, motion, and control dynamics are combined together. Commercially well-known software is used in the integrated dynamic simulation: ANSYS, ADAMS, and Matlab/Simulink. Using the integrated dynamic simulation, the dynamics of a magnetic bearing stage is analyzed and the causes of oscillation and noise are identified. A controller design for suppressing a flexible dynamic mode is carried out and verified through the integrated dynamic simulation.
- Rigid-body dynamics and the ANSYS-ADMAMS interface, ANSYS 13.0 help file, Chapter 12, 2011, ANSYS 13.0, ANSYS Inc.
- ADAMS/FLEX, ADM710 Course Notes, 2008, MSC MD ADAMS r3, MSC Software Corporation.
- MD R3 Adams/Controls, ADM711 Course Notes, 2008, MSC MD ADAMS r3, MSC Software Corporation.
- Brezina, T., Hadas, Z., Vetiska, J., 2011, Using of Co-simulation ADAMS-SIMULINK for Development of Mechatronic Systems, Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Mechatronika, 59-64.