- Volume 3 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Suggestion of experimental model on the innate kidney essence insufficiency syndrome for the development of humanitas traditional medicine
- Received : 2013.08.16
- Accepted : 2013.08.25
- Published : 2013.08.31
According to the traditional Korean medicine (TKM), kidney has been recognized as the roof of innate endowment because it plays an important role in the birth, growth, sexual reproduction, and aging. Kidney essence insufficiency syndrome (KEIS) is caused when kidney is impaired. KEIS is characterized by retarded development, decreased reproduction, tinnitus, loosening of teeth, and loss of hair and forgetfulness. In traditional Chinese medicine, KEIS mouse model was established by use of threatinjuring the kidney combined with over-fatigue. However, the TKM theory-based KEIS experiment model has not been described correctly. In the present study, we suggest a new KEIS experiment model including following cases; 1) weakness of father essence and mother blood, 2) life nurturing during pregnancy, 3) full-term gestation period.
kidney essence insufficiency syndrome;Korean traditional medicine theory;experimental model
- Brou L, Almli LM, Pearce BD, Bhat G, Drobek CO, Menon R. Dysregulated biomarkers induce distinct pathways in preterm birth. BJOG. 2012;119:458-473. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2011.03266.x
- Huh J. DongUiBoGam. (Seoul, republic of Korea: Bubin publishers co.), 1999.
- Menon R, Torloni MR, Voltolini C, Torricelli M, Merialdi M, Betran AP, Widmer M, Allen T, Davydova I, Khodjaeva Z, Thorsen P, Kacerovsky M, Tambor V, Massinen T, Nace J, Arora C. Biomarkers of Spontaneous Preterm Birth: An Overview of The Literature in the Last Four Decades. Reprod Sci. 2011;18:1046-1070. https://doi.org/10.1177/1933719111415548
- Murray SA, Morgan JL, Kane C, Sharma Y, Heffner CS, Lake J, Donahue LR. Mouse gestation length Is genetically determined. PLos One. 2010;5:e12418. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0012418
- Ni MS. The yellow emperor's classic of medicine: A New Translation of the Neijing Suwen with Commentary. (Boston, USA: Shambhala publications), 1995.
- Ok JA, Park SH, Lee YT. Literature Study about Completion and Maintenance of Pregnancy. Kor J Ori Med Physiol Pathol. 2011;25:163-175.
- SG Chen. Orthodox Manual of External Medicine. (Beijing, China: People's medical publishing house), 2007.
- Shen SL, Su XJ, Wang YP, Wang WH, Shi JP, Yao JX, Qiang ZP. Effect of zibu shenjing fang (see text) on growth and development of the mouse with kidney-essence insufficiency and study on the mechanism. J Tradit Chin Med. 2011;31:232-234. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0254-6272(11)60048-4
- Van der Zee EA, Biemans BA, Gerkema MP, Daan S. Habituation to a test apparatus during associative learning is sufficient to enhance muscarinic acetylcholine receptorimmunoreactivity in rat suprachiasmatic nucleus. J Neurosci Res. 2004;78:508-519. https://doi.org/10.1002/jnr.20300
- Wang Huaiyin. Peaceful Holy Benevolent Prescriptions. (Seoul, republic of Korea: Hansung publisher co.), 1979.
- World Health Organization. WHO international standard terminologies on traditional medicine in the western pacific region. (Geneva, Switzerland: WHO publications), 2007.