- Volume 8 Issue 5
A novel predictive current control strategy for a sparse matrix converter is presented. The sparse matrix converter is functionally-equivalent to the direct matrix converter but has a reduced number of switches. The predictive current control uses a model of the system to predict the future value of the load current and generates the reference voltage vector that minimizes a given cost function so that space vector modulation is achieved. The results show that the proposed controller for sparse matrix converters controls the load current very effectively and performs very well through simulation and experimental results.
AC-AC power conversion;Sparse matrix converter;Load current control;Predictive control
- K. B. Lee and F. Blaabjerg, "Reduced Order Extended Luenberger Observer Based Sensorless Vector Control Driven by Matrix Converter With Non-Linearity Compensation," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 66-75, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.862313
- J. W. Kolar, F. Schafmeister, S. D. Round, and H. Ertl, "Novel Three-phase AC-AC Sparse Matrix Converters," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. 22, pp. 1649-1661, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.904178
- K. Park, K. B. Lee, and F. Blaabjerg, "Improving Output Performance of a Z-source Sparse Matrix Converter under Unbalanced Input Voltage Conditions," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 2043-2054, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2170709
- S. Kwak, "Investigation of fault-mode behaviors of matrix converters," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 949-959, Nov. 2009.
- S. M. A. Cruz, M. Ferreira, A. M. S. Mendes, and A. J. M. Cardoso, "Analysis and Diagnosis of Open-Circuit Faults in Matrix Converters," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, pp. 1648-1661, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2098356
- E. Lee and K. B. Lee, "Fault Diagnosis for a Sparse Matrix Converter using Current Patters," in Proceedings of IEEE APEC, pp. 1549-1554, 2012.
- S. Kouro, P. Cortes, R. Vargas, U. Ammann, and J. Rodriguez, "Model predictive control - A simple and powerful method to control power converters," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 1826-1838, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2008349
- P. Cortes, M. P. Kazmierkowski, R. M. Kennel, D. E. Quevedo, and J. Rodriguez, "Predictive Control in Power Electronics and Drives," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, pp. 4312-4324, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2007480
- J. Rodriguez, J. Pontt, C. Silva, P. Correa, P. Lezana, P. Cortes, and U. Ammann, "Predictive Current Control of a Voltage Source Inverter," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 54, pp. 495-503, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.888802
- R. Vargas, P. Cortes, U. Ammann, J. Rodriguez, and J. Pontt, "Predictive Control of a Three-phase Neutral-Point-Clamped Inverter," IEEE Transs on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 54, pp. 2697-2705, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.899854
- Y. Cho, K. B. Lee, M. Li, J. H. Song, and Y. I. Lee, "Novel Torque Predictive Control for a Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor with Minimum Torque Ripple and Fast Dynamics," in Proceedings of IEEE APEC2013, pp. 2253-2258, 2013.
- Y. Han and L. Xu, "Design and Implementation of Robust Predictive Control Scheme for Active Power Filters," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 751-758, 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2011.11.5.751
- J. Rodriguez and P. Cortes, "Predictive Control of Power Converters and Electrical Drives," Wiley, 2012.
- D. G. Luenberger, and Y. Ye, "Linear and Nonlinear Programming," Springer Verlag, 2008.
- M. P. Kazmierkowski and L. Malesani, "Current Control Techniques for Three-phase Voltage-Source PWM Converters: a Survey," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 45, pp. 691-703, 1998.
- P. Correa, J. Rodriguez, M. Rivera, J. R. Espinoza, and J. W. Kolar, "Predictive Control of an Indirect Matrix Covnerter," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, pp. 1847-1853, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2013686
- Model Predictive Control for Induction Motor Drives Fed by a Matrix Converter vol.20, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- An Improved Predictive Control of an Induction Machine fed by a Matrix Converter for Torque Ripple Reduction vol.21, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- Indirect Matrix Converter for Hybrid Electric Vehicle Application with Three-Phase and Single-Phase Outputs vol.8, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- Low-Cost High-Efficiency Discrete Current Sensing Method Using Bypass Switch for PV Systems vol.63, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- Scheme to Improve the Line Current Distortion of PFC Using a Predictive Control Algorithm vol.15, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- A review on state of art development of model predictive control for renewable energy applications vol.76, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- Constant Speed Control of a Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor Using a Reverse Matrix Converter Under Variable Generator Input Conditions vol.6, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- Dynamic Performance Improvement of AC/DC Converter Using Model Predictive Direct Power Control With Finite Control Set vol.62, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
- Model-Based Predictive Control for Interleaved Multi-Phase DC/DC Converters vol.19, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1138
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea