- Volume 62 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Efficiency Analysis for Water Turbine Generator of Agricultural Reservoir
농업용 보의 수차 발전기 효율 분석
- Kim, Jong-Gyeum (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Gangneung-wonju National University)
- Received : 2013.07.02
- Accepted : 2013.08.21
- Published : 2013.09.01
If the factory test efficiency and field operation efficiency of water turbine are different from each other, issues for efficiency warranty can be raised. So, This paper shows the result for comparative analysis of field operating efficiency vs plant testing efficiency of the water turbine generator installed in agricultural reservoir. The efficiency of the induction generator is analyzed by the change of rotational speed with the parameter obtained by test, the efficiency of water turbine is calculated by the change of head with the design flow. Efficiency deviation of induction generator is lower but the variation of developed power is pretty high near the rated speed and the efficiency variation of water turbine is high by the fluctuation of head for constant flow. It was found that factory test efficiency and total efficiency of water turbine generator calculated according to the rotational speed are very close.
- Gyeong-Bae Lee et al, "Activation Strategy of Hydropower Development as New & Renewable Energy", pp.1231-1232, KIEE Summer Annual conference, 2010.7
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy and Korea Energy Management Corporation, "2012 New and Renewable Energy", 2013. 01
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Output characterization analysis of Induction generator using test data", KIEE, Vol.62, No.7, pp.1027-1032, 2013. 7 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.7.1027
- Young-Kuk, Kim, Jong-Gyeum Kim, "A Study on the Operation Characteristic of Induction Generator in the Small Hydropower Plant", KIEE, Vol.62, No.5, pp.632-638, 2013. 5 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.632
- K. S. Pankaj, J. P. Nelson, "Application Guidelines for Induction Generators," in Proc. International Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 18-21, 1997, Paper WC1/5.1 - WC1/5.3.
- M. Godoy Simoes & Felix A. Farret, "Renewable Energy Systems-Design and Analysis with Induction Generators", CRC Press, 2004
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Characteristics Analysis of 3-phase Induction Generator at the Unbalanced Load Operation", KIEE, Vol.56, No.3, pp.123-128, 2007.9
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, Young-Jeen Park, Il-Jung Kim, Young-Kuk Kim, "Characteristics Analysis of Induction Generator with a Change in Rotor Speed", KIEE, Vol.60, No.12, pp.2225-2229, 2011. 12 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.12.2225
- Jack J. Fritz, "Small and Mini Hydropower Systems", McGraw-Hill Book Company, USA, 1984.
- IEEE Std 112-2004, "IEEE Standard Test Procedure for Polyphase Induction Motors and Generators"
- Characteristics Analysis for Motor or Generator Operating of Induction Machine with Deep or Double Cage Rotor vol.10, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7849/ksnre.2014.10.4.003