- Volume 55 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Irrigation Efficiencies using Smarter Water Management
농촌수자원 스마트 물관리를 활용한 농업용수의 관개효율 평가
- 남원호 (서울대학교 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 최진용 (서울대학교 조경.지역시스템공학부, 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 홍은미 (서울대학교 생태조경.지역시스템공학부) ;
- 김진택 (한국농어촌공사 농어촌연구원)
- Received : 2013.05.04
- Accepted : 2013.06.13
- Published : 2013.07.31
Efficient water operation and management of an irrigation system plays an important element in the sustainability of irrigated agriculture. An agricultural water is delivered in many open canals of irrigation delivery system by reservoirs. The poor water distribution and management in an irrigation system is a major factor leading to low water efficiency. It is necessary to compare the estimated irrigation demands with the actual water supplies for decision making to maintain the water supply according to demand strategy. Smarter water management, new technologies and improvement of water management system, is essential to solve the problem of water efficiency and availability. In this paper, the irrigation efficiencies according to water delivery performance indicator were measured with automatic water gauge at irrigation canals, and calculated from spatial and temporal distribution of water supply for the lack of planning in water delivery. The analysis of results are obtain an insight into possible improvement methods to develop canal water management policies that enable irrigation planners to optimally manage scarce available water resources.
Grant : 용수계통별 적정 용수공급량 조사 및 산정모듈 개발
Supported by : 한국농어촌공사 농어촌연구원
- Choi, J. K., K. W. Han, J. W. Koo and J. G. Son, 2001. Actual uses and water qualities of irrigation water from agricultural reservoir and pumping station. Journal of the Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 34(3): 205-212 (in Korean).
- Choi, J. K., J. G. Son and Y. J. Kim, 2012a. Analysis of agricultural water supply system at the Dongjin-River basin. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(1): 11-18 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.1.011
- Choi, J. K., J. G. Son, J. T. Kim and Y. J. Kim, 2012b. Flow characteristics of lateral irrigation canals diverted from Kimje main canal in Dongjin irrigation area. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(5): 113-121 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.5.113
- Choi, W. H., 2005. Present state and future prospect of agricultural water demand and supply. Korea National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage 12(1): 4-14 (in Korean).
- Gao, J., Y. Xiao, J. Liu, W. Liang and C. L. Philip Chen, 2012. A survey of communication/networking in smart grids. Future Generation Computer Systems 28: 391-404. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2011.04.014
- Im, S. J., S. W. Park and H. J. Kim, 2000. Methodology for estimating agricultural water supplt in the Han River basin. Journal of the Korean Water Resources Association 33(6): 765-774 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. J., C. G. Kim and S. Kim, 2003. Assessment of water management efficiencies for irrigation pumping stations in the Han River and Nakdong River basins. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 45(1): 23-32 (in Korean).
- Kim, T. C., H. C. Lee and J. P. Moon, 2010. Estimation of return flow rate of irrigation water in Daepyeong pumping district. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 52(1): 41-49 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2010.52.1.041
- Kumar, R. and J. Singh, 2003. Regional water management modeling for decision support in irrigated agriculture. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering 129: 432-439. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9437(2003)129:6(432)
- McCready, M. S., M. D. Dukes and G. L. Miller, 2009. Water conservation potential of smart irrigation controllers on St. Augustinegrass. Agricultural Water Management 96: 1623-1632. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2009.06.007
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, 2003. Design of automated agricultural water management system in Dongjin regions. Korea Agricultural and Rural Infrastructure Corporation.
- Lee, Y. J., S. J. Kim, P. S. Kim, U. J. Joo and Y. S. Yang, 2006. Study on the effective calculation method of irrigation water in a paddy fields area. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 48(3): 11-20 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2006.48.3.011
- Lee, Y. J., P. S. Kim, S. J. Kim, Y. K. Jee and U. J. Joo, 2008. Estimation of water loss in irrigation canals through field management. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 50(1): 13-21 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2008.50.1.013
- Qi, W., J. Liu and P. D. Christofides, 2011. A distributed control framework for smart grid development: Energy/water system optimal operation and electric grid integration. Journal of Process Control 21: 1504-1516. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jprocont.2011.05.010
- Ryoo, K. S. and M. H. Hwang, 2007. Optimal estimation of water use in the large-scale basin. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 49(3): 3-10 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2007.49.3.003
- Shakir, A. S., N. M. Khan and M. M. Qureshi, 2010. Canal water management: case study of upper Chenab canal in Pakistan. Irrig. and Drain. 59: 76-91. https://doi.org/10.1002/ird.556
- Unal, H. B., S. Asik, M. Avci, S. Yasar and E. Akkuzu, 2004. Performance of water delivery system at tertiary canal level: a case study of the Menemen Left Bank Irrigation System, Gediz Basin, Turkey. Agricultural Water Management 65: 155-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2003.10.002
- Analysis of Water Loss Rate and Irrigation Efficiency in Irrigation Canal at the Dong-Jin District vol.57, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2015.57.2.093
- Decision Support System for the Real-Time Operation and Management of an Agricultural Water Supply vol.65, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1002/ird.1935
- Simulation of Agricultural Water Supply Considering Yearly Variation of Irrigation Efficiency vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2015.48.6.425
- Evaluation of Water Supply Adequacy using Real-time Water Level Monitoring System in Paddy Irrigation Canals vol.56, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2014.56.4.001
- Estimation of Amounts of Water Release from Reservoirs Considering Customary Irrigation Water Management Practices in Paddy-Field Districts vol.56, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2014.56.5.001