- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Application of recursive SSA as data pre-processing filter for stochastic subspace identification
- Loh, Chin-Hsiung (Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University) ;
- Liu, Yi-Cheng (Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University)
- Received : 2012.03.22
- Accepted : 2013.01.09
- Published : 2013.01.25
The objective of this paper is to develop on-line system parameter estimation and damage detection technique from the response measurements through using the Recursive Covariance-Driven Stochastic Subspace identification (RSSI-COV) approach. To reduce the effect of noise on the results of identification, discussion on the pre-processing of data using recursive singular spectrum analysis (rSSA) is presented to remove the noise contaminant measurements so as to enhance the stability of data analysis. Through the application of rSSA-SSI-COV to the vibration measurement of bridge during scouring experiment, the ability of the proposed algorithm was proved to be robust to the noise perturbations and offers a very good online tracking capability. The accuracy and robustness offered by rSSA-SSI-COV provides a key to obtain the evidence of imminent bridge settlement and a very stable modal frequency tracking which makes it possible for early warning. The peak values of the identified
Supported by : National Science Council, Taiwan
- Alonso, F.J., Del Castillo, J.M. and Pintado, P. (2005), "Application of singular spectrum analysis to the smoothing of raw kinematic signals", J. Biomech., 38(5), 1085-1092. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.05.031
- Bart, P. and Guido, D.R. (1999), "Reference-based stochastic subspace identification for output-only modalanalysis", Mech. Syst. Signal Pr., 13(6) 855-878.
- Bart, P. (2000), System Identification and Damage Detection in Civil Engineering, Ph.D. Dissertation, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, December.
- Caicedo, J.M., Dyke, S.J. and Johnson, E.A. (2004), "Natural excitation technique and eigensystem realization algorithm for phase I of the IASC-ASCE benchmark problem: simulated data", J. Eng. Mech.-ASCE, 130(1), 49-60. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2004)130:1(49)
- Goethals, I., Mevel, L., Benveniste, A. and De Moor, B. (2004),"Recursive output only subspace identification for in-flight flutter monitoring", Proceedings of the 22nd International Modal Analysis Conference, Dearborn, Michigan.
- Golub, G.H. and Van Loan, C.F. (1996), Matrix computations, Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Loh, C.H., Mao, C.H., Chao, S.H. and Weng, J.H. (2011), "System identification and damage evaluation of degrading hysteresis of reinforced concrete frames", Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 40(6), 623-640. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.1051
- Loh, C.H., Weng, J.H., Liu, Y.C., Lin, P.Y. and Huang, S.K. (2011), "Structural damage diagnosis based on on-line recursive stochastic subspace identification", Smart Mater. Struct., 20(5), 055004 (10pp). https://doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/20/5/055004
- Michele B., Albert, B., Maurice, G., Luc, H., Laurent, M. and Herman, V.D.A. (2001), "Output-only subspace-based structural identification: From theory to industrial testing practice", J. Dyn. Syst. Measure.Control, 123(4), 668-676. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1410919
- Soderstrom, T. and Stoica, P. (1989), System identification, Prentice-Hall International.
- Van Overschee, P. and De Moor, B. (1996), Subspace Identification for Linear Systems: theory - Implementation - Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Weng, J.H., Loh, C.H., Lynch, J.P., Lu, K.C., Linn, P.Y. and Wang, Y. (2008), "Output-only modal identification of a cable-stayed bridge using wireless monitoring systems", J. Eng. Struct., 30(2), 1802-1830. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2007.12.004
- Yang, B. (1995), "Projection approximation subspace tracking", IEEE T. Signal Process., 43(1), 95-107. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.365290
- Automated data interpretation for practical bridge identification vol.46, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2013.46.3.433
- Near-Real-Time Hybrid System Identification Framework for Civil Structures with Application to Burj Khalifa vol.142, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001402
- Vibration-based system identification of wind turbine system vol.24, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.1876