- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Reorganization of Central Office Group in Korea from the Perspective of Politicians and Bureaucrats
정치가와 관료측면에서 한국 중앙부처의 조직재편에 관한 연구 -이명박 정부의 관료조직 재편성 사례를 중심으로-
- Received : 2013.07.31
- Accepted : 2013.08.27
- Published : 2013.09.28
This study reviewed reorganization of bureaucrats in the beginning of Lee Myung bak's government from the perspective of the relationship between politicians and bureaucrats. In other words, it analyzed the reorganization of central office group of Korean government in 2008 as the relationship between calling to account by politicians and avoiding calling to account by bureaucrats. Conclusively, first, separation or abolition of a certain organization was resulted from calling to account by president (the ruling party). Second, merging organizations was done because president wanted strong control on that agency or he wanted to realize presidential election pledge (policy) through the agency. Third, if an organization was not changed even though it was selected as the target of abolition, it meant that the organization succeeded in defense. As seen from the above cases, it was found that politicians and bureaucrats played a kind of game for reorganization of government organizations. First of all, if politicians succeeded in calling to account, the bureaucratic organization was separated or abolished. If bureaucrats succeeded in self defense, the organization became expanded. Finally, if both parties were even, corresponding organizations would not have changes.
Reorganization of Central Office Group;Perspective of Politicians and Bureaucrats
- M. D. Cohen, J. G. March, and J. P. Olsen, "A Garbage Can Model of Organizational Choice," ,Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.17, No.2, pp.1-25, 1972. https://doi.org/10.2307/2392088
- J. D. March and J. P. Olsen, "Organizing Political Life: What Administrative Reorganization Tells Us about Government," The American Political Science Review, Vol.77, No.2, pp.281-296, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/1958916
- 眞渕勝, 現代行政分析, 放送大學教育振興會, 2004.
- M. B. Berkman and C. Reenock, "Incremental Consolidation and Comprehensive Reorganization of American State Executive Branch," American Journal of Political Science, Vol.48, No.4, pp.796-812, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0092-5853.2004.00102.x
- R. S. Conley, "Reform, Reorganization, and the Renaissance of the Managerial Presidency: The Impact of 9/11 on the Executive Establishment," Politics & Policy, Vol34, No.2, pp.304-342, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1747-1346.2006.00016.x
- J. M. Ramseyer and F. M. Rosenbluth, The Politics of Oligarchy, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
- 眞渕勝, 大藏省はなぜ追いつめられたのか, 中央公論社, 1997.
- 南京兌, 民營化の取引費用政治學―日本.英國. ドイツ.韓國4ヶ國における鉄道民營化の比較研究―, 慈學社, 2009.
- カルダー.K, 自民党長期政權の研究, 文藝春秋, 1989.
- 上川龍之進, 経濟政策の政治學, 東洋経濟新報社, 2005.
- 大西裕.建林正彦, 省廳再編の日韓比較研究. レヴァイアサン, 二三号, 1997.
- 戸矢哲郎, 金融ビッグバンの政治経濟學, 東洋経濟新報社, 2003.
- 대통령직인수위원회, 정부기능과 조직개편 대통령직 인수위원회 발표자료, 2008.
- 감사원, 1997년 외환위기의 원인분석과 평가, 1998.
- 眞渕勝, 行政変化と行政改革, 水口憲人.北原鐵也.眞渕勝編, 変化をどう説明するか : 行政篇. 木鐸社, 2000.
- 眞渕勝. 日本における中央省庁再編の効果―融合か？混合か？― レヴァイアサン四 三号, 2008.
- 眞渕勝, 行政學, 有斐閣, 2009.
- 村松岐夫, 戦後日本の官僚制, 東洋経濟新報社. 1981.