- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Digital Tomosynthesis Imaging of the Chest : Comparison of Patient Exposure Dose and Image Quality between Default Setting and Use Additional Filter
흉부 디지털토모영상의 기본모드 및 부가여과사용 시 환자선량과 화질비교
- 김계선 (가천대학교 보건대학원 방사선학과/삼성서울병원 영상의학과) ;
- 안성민 (가천대학교 보건대학원 방사선학과/가천대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 김성철 (가천대학교 보건대학원 방사선학과/가천대학교 방사선학과)
- Received : 2013.08.14
- Accepted : 2013.09.09
- Published : 2013.09.28
Chest digital tomosynthesis was the most advanced digital radiography technology, but it was higher patient dose than conventional chest radiography. Thus we tried to reduce a patient dose of chest digital tomosynthesis and evaluated its image quality. Result shows that radiation dose such as ESD, DAP and ED were 1.95 mGy, 17.66
Additional Filter;Chest Radiography;Digital Tomosynthesis;Patient Dose
Supported by : 가천대학교
- J. T. Dobbins 3rd, H. P. McAdams, D. J. Godfrey, and C. M. Li, "Digital tomosynthesis of the chest," J Thorac Imaging, Vol.23, No.2, pp.86-92, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1097/RTI.0b013e318173e162
- D. H. Jang, S. S. Shin, J. W. Choi, and J. G. Choi, "Evaluation of the Usefulness of Digital Tomosynthesis in the Chest," J. of the korea contents association, Vol.12, No.10, pp.340-348, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.10.340
- I. Vikgren, S. Zachrisson, A. Svalkvist, A. A. Johnsson, M. Boijsen, A. Flinck, S. Kheddache, and M. Bath, "Comparison of chest tomosynthesis and chest radiography for detection of pulmonary nodules: human observer study of clinical cases," Radiology, Vol.249, No.3, pp.1034-1041, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2492080304
- J. T. Dobbins 3rd, and D. J. Godfrey, "Digital X-ray tomosynthesis: current state of the art and clinical potential," Phys Med Biol, Vol.48, No.19, pp.65-106, 2003.
- A. R. Pineda, S. Yoon, D. S. Paik, and R. Fahrig, "Optimization of a tomosynthesis system for the detection of lung nodules," Med Phys, Vol.33, No.5, pp.1372-1379, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2190329
- T. D. James, H. P. McAdams, J. W. Song, and S. Martineze-Jimeneze, "Digital tomosynthesis of the chest for lung nodule detection: interim sensitivity results from an ongoing NIH-sponsored trial," Med Phys, Vol.35, No.6, pp.2554-2557, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2937277
- J. M. Sabol, "A monte carlo comparison of effective dose of chest tomosynthesis with standard two-view digital radiography and thoracic CT", RSNA 2008.
- O. W. Hamer, C. B. Sirlin, M. Strotzer, I. Borisch, N. Zorger, S. Feuerbach, and M. Volk, "Chest radiography with a flat-panel detector: image quality with dose reduction after copper filtration," Radiology, Vol.237, No.2, pp.691-700, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2372041738
- S. H. Park, C. S. Lee, W. R. Kim, and J. K. Lee, "Investigation of organ dose difference of age phantoms for medical X-ray examinations," J.Korea asso. radiat,prot, Vol.28, No.1, pp.35-42, 2003.