- Volume 22 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Influence of Daytime Temperature on the Time Required for Fruit Harvest and Yield of Hot Pepper
주간온도가 고추의 수확 소요일수 및 수량에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sang-Gyu ;
- Choi, Chang-Sun ;
- Lee, Jun-Gu ;
- Jang, Yoon-Ah ;
- Nam, Chun-Woo ;
- Lee, Hee-Ju ;
- Suh, Jeong-Min ;
- Kang, Jum-Soon
- Received : 2013.04.17
- Accepted : 2013.06.03
- Published : 2013.09.30
Due to climate change, the occurrence of abnormal weather conditions has become more frequent, causing damage to vegetable crops grown in Korea. Hot pepper, Chinese cabbage and radish, the three most popular vegetables in Korea, are produced more in the field than in the greenhouse. It has been a trend that the time for field transplanting of seedlings is getting earlier and earlier as the spring temperatures keep rising. Seedlings transplanted too early in the spring take a longer time to resume the normal growth, because they are exposed to suboptimal temperature conditions. This study examined the influence of air temperature during seedling growth on the time required to reach the first fruit maturity and yield of hot pepper. Seedling plants of 'Super Manita' hot pepper was grown in temperatures
- Bakker, J. C., van Uffelen J. A. M., 1988, The effects of diurnal temperature regimes on growth and yield of sweet pepper, Neth. J. Agri. Sci., 36, 201-208.
- Choi, Y. H., Kwon, J. K., Lee, J. H., Kang, N. J., Cho, M. W., Kang, J. S., 2004, Effect of night and daytime temperatures on growth and yield of paprika 'Fiesta' and 'Jubilee', J. of Bio-Environment Control, 13(4), 226-232.
- Cochran, H. L., 1936, Factors affecting flowering and fruit setting in the pepper, Cornell Univ. Agr. Exp. Sta. Mem., 190, 1-39.
- IPCC, 2007, Fourth Assessment Report.
- Jo, H. K., 2002, Impacts of urban greenspace on offsetting carbon emissions for middle Korea, J. Environ. Management, 64, 115-126. https://doi.org/10.1006/jema.2001.0491
- Lim, D. S., 2005, Tendency and confrontation on climatic change convention in OECD, KIET Industry & Economy (Dec., 2005), 63-76.
- Lim, K. B., Son, K. C., Chung, J. D., 1997, Influences of difference between day and night temperature (DIF) on growth and development of bell pepper plants before and after transplanting, J. Biol. Prod. Facilities & Environment Control, 6, 15-25 (in Korean).
- Lim, K. B., Son, K. C., Chung, J. D., 1997, Influence of DIF on growth and development of plug seed lings of Lycopersicon esculentum before and after transplanting, J. Biol. Prod. Facilities & Environment Control, 6, 34-42 (in Korean).
- Maynard, D. N., Lachman, N. H., Check, R. M., Vernell, H. F., 1962, The influence of nitrogen levels on flowering and fruit set of peppers, Proc. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci., 81, 385-389.
- Park. H. Y., Son, K. C., Gu, E. G., Lim, K. B., 1996, Effect of different day and night temperature regimes on the growth of hot pepper plug seedlings, J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci., 37, 617-621 (in Korean).
- Park, S. M., Kim, H. C., Ku, Y. G., Kim, S. W., Bae, J. G., 2012, Relation between temperature and growth of sweet pepper by growing areas in greenhouse, Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol., 30(6), 680-685. https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2012.12078
- Rylski, I., 1972, Effect of the early environment on flowering in pepper (Capsicum annum L.), J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci., 97, 648-651.
- Seo, J. U., Hwang, J. M., Oh, S. M., 2006, Effects of night temperature treatment of raising seedlings before transplanting on growth and development of pepper, J. of Bio-Environment Control, 15(2), 149-155.
- Si, Y., Heins, R. E., 1996, Influence of day and night temperatures on sweet pepper seedling development, J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci., 121, 699-704.
- Woo, I. S., Pyon, J. Y., 1984, Growth response and flowering of red pepper plants at different temperature and fertilized conditions, Res. Rep. Agri. Sci. Tech. Chungnam Natl. Univ., Korea, 11(1), 77-84.
- Influence of Air Temperature and Soil Moisture Conditions on the Growth and Yield of Hot Pepper under a Plastic Tunnel Culture vol.24, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.6.769
Supported by : 농촌진흥청