- Volume 24 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Method of Prediction and Analysis of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) in Wireless Power Transfer System Operating at 13.56 MHz
13.56 MHz 무선 에너지 전송 시스템의 효율적인 전자파 장해(EMI) 예측 및 분석 방법
- Shim, Hyun-Jin (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Jong-Min (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Nam, Sangwook (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2013.05.24
- Accepted : 2013.08.28
- Published : 2013.09.30
The effective way of estimation and analysis of EMI(Electromagnetic Interference) in Wireless Power Transfer System operating at 13.56 MHz is proposed. In this paper methodology of driving magnetic field strength and electric loop current of two antennas which are in free space and on PEC plane using image theory and duality is proposed. Perfect electric conductor(PEC) is planar, infinite in extent, and perfectly conducting plane. And we will refer it as PEC plane. A equivalent circuit model is used to analyze. Using this theoretical analysis, we can derive maximum magnetic field strength of the far-field region numerically using measured data of near-field maximum magnetic field strength. The experimental results using commercial numerical simulation tool are in agreement with the theoretical results. Also, using the derivation of maximum magnetic field strength in the far-field region, we can easily estimate the maximum allowable power dissipation that meets EMI regulations.
EMI;Wireless Power Transfer System;Magnetic Field Strength
Supported by : 방송통신위원회
- A. Kurs, A. Karalis, R. Moffatt, J. D. Joannopoulos, P. Fisher and M. Solacic, "Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances", Science, vol. 317, pp. 83-86, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1143254
- A. Karalis, J. Joannopoulos, and M. Solacic, "Efficient wireless non-radiative mid-range energy transfer", Ann. Phys., vol. 323, no. 1, pp. 34-48, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aop.2007.04.017
- C. Zhu, K. Lir, C. Yu, R. Ma, and H. Cheng, "Simulation and experimental analysis on wireless energy transfer based on magnetic resonances", Proc. IEEE VPPC, pp. 1-4, Sep. 2008.
- I. Awai, T. Komori, "A simple and versatle design method of resonator-coupled wireless power transfer system", Proc. ICCCAS 2010, Jul. 2010.
- CISPR 16-2-3 ed 2, "Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and method - Part 2-3:Methods of measurement of disturbances and immunity - Radiated disturb ance measurements", International Electrotechnical Commision, 2006.
- 전자파장해방지기준, 전자파보호기준, 전자파인체보호기준 개정, 방송통신위원회 고시 제2009-27호, 2009년 11월.
- Chunlai Yu, Rengui Lu, Yinhua Mao, Litao Ren, and Chunbo Zhu, "Research on the model of magnetic- resonance based wireless energy transfer system", Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference 2009, pp. 414-418, Sep. 2009.
- A. P. Sample, D. A. Meyer, and J. R. Smith, "Analysis, experimental results, and range adaptation of magnetically coupled resonators for wireless power transfer", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 544-554, Feb. 2002.
- 이범선, "자계 결합을 이용한 공진체간 무선 전력 전송 모델링 및 특성 분석", 한국전자파학회지 전자파기술, 23(6), pp. 15-24, 2012년 11월.
- David K. Cheng, Fields and Wave Electromagnetics, New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., ch. 6, 1989.
- Roger F. Harrington, Time-Harmonic Electro Magnetic Fields, New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., ch. 3, 1961.
- H. Zhu, S. Lai, "Antenna design for long range 13.56 MHz RFID Reader", Proc. ICWMMN2006, pp. 1-4, Nov. 2006.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, 3 Ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, ch. 5, 2005.